𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎

𝙷𝙾𝙿𝙴 𝙼𝙸𝙺𝙰𝙴𝙻𝚂𝙾𝙽

STEPPING INTO THE SLYTHERIN CARRIAGE was definitely a bad idea. As soon as I did, glares were sent my way. And the biggest was coming from the Prince of Slytherin himself, Draco Malfoy.

Actually, scrap that, it was Pansy Parkinson. I don't know what I ever did to her, but since first year, she's always had it out for me.

"Piss of Mudblood. You're ruining the atmosphere in here." Pansy spoke, standing up from her seat to block my path.

Magnolia had already gone past and was sitting in her seat, an apologetic look on her face.

"Hello to you to, Pansy." I replied back, a bored expression on my face. It was always the same with this witch. "Why don't you go back to playing dog to Malfoy?" If possible, her scowl deepened even further, making her look more...pug-ish. "Woof." I taunted.

It was no secret that some students thought she looked like a pug, and I am probably the one who uses it the most. Only when she starts it though.

"No-one wants you here." She sneered, stepping too close for comfort.

"I forgot the world revolves around your wants and wishes. My apologies, how silly of me." I shoved my way past Pansy and took the empty that Magnolia had saved.

To my utter horror, it was diagonally opposite Malfoy on the other side of the aisle. He was just a pompous prat that got everything he wanted.

He still hadn't turned away and I sent my own cold glare at him, but it only seemed to spur him on. He refused to stop, and it was maddening.

the killing curse would do the trick

"What did you say?" My widened eyes snapped to Magnolia.

"I didn't say anything." Her eyebrows furrowed. "You're looking a little pale, are you okay?"

I looked down to find black veins appearing on my arms. Thin black little strips travelling from my wrist up towards my elbow.

The Hollow.

Not only was I now hearing things, but if I got angry, black veins would appear. Fuck. This wouldn't be easy to hide.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I pulled down the sleeves of my cardigan to hide the evidence. "How was your summer?"

I changed the subject I best knew how. Magnolia loved talking about herself. And I liked that about her. She was the loud one and I was the quiet one. She could talk for days, and I'd happily sit there and listen.

It distracted her from asking questions about myself that I couldn't answer. And I'd never answer those questions if she asked them.

We sat there for hours discussing everything, who we thought would hook up this year – Magnolia wanted to get with Theo Nott – who the new DADA professor would be and trying to predict what would go wrong this year.

It seemed something always happened, and mostly to do with a certain trio. Trouble always seemed to find them no matter what.

⋄ ⧫ ⟡ ⧫ ⋄

I had been drifting off to sleep when I heard Malfoy speak.

"Well, who cares what he's interested in? What is he, when you come down to it? Just some stupid teacher." I swear all he ever does is complain. "I mean, I might not even be at Hogwarts next year, what's it matter to me if some fat old has-been likes me or not?"

I sat up. That was interesting. Why wouldn't Malfoy bee at Hogwarts next year? He was talking with Parkinson, Zabini, Crabbe and Goyle.

"What do you mean, you might not be at Hogwarts next year?" Pansy questioned, her stroking of his shoulder ceasing.

"Well, you never know." A ghost of a smirk appeared. "I might have – er – moved on to bigger and better things."

"Do you mean – Him?"

Malfoy shrugged. "Mother wants me to complete my education, but personally, I don't see it as that important these days. I mean think about it... when the Dark Lord takes over, is he going to care how many O.W.L.s or N.E.W.T.s anyone's got? Of course, he isn't...It'll be all about the kind of service he received, the level of devotion he was shown."

Is he for real? He's signing himself up for death sentence. Now that it was out there that Voldemort was back, everyone was keeping to themselves. I'd even had to be sat down as I returned home for summer.

My family had stressed the importance of keeping my real identity a secret. We did not need him finding out who I am. Otherwise I'd be hunted down until I joined his side. And no way in hell was that going to happen. This year – like every other year before – I am staying under the radar.

"And you think you'll be able to do something for him?" Zabini said. "Sixteen years old and not even fully qualified yet?"

"I've just said, haven't I? Maybe he doesn't care if I'm qualified. Maybe the job he wants me to do isn't something that you need to be qualified for." Malfoy explained. "I can see Hogwarts. We better get our robes on."

The group dispersed, getting up to put on their robes. I nudged Magnolia's shoulder until she awoke from her nap. We followed everyone else's leads and changed into our robes.