one

"Zen?"

When I woke up, only my mind was awake. I couldn't open my eyes, they were too weak. I felt around my body, then came across the sword that was lodged deep in my stomach. Then the pain came back.

I couldn't move a muscle without a spark of pain going through my nerves. It became harder and harder to breathe every second, and it took all my energy just to lift up one finger.

"Zen, are you awake? Please don't be dead."

I turned my head to the direction of the voice, and forced my eyelids open. The sunlight made me cringe, and I had to bring a hand up to my forehead to keep my eyes from closing again. I was panting even harder from the strength I had to use.

When my eyes become adjusted to the light, I saw Raven. She was laying down on her back, her head turned to look at me. There was a gun right beside her, and she was reaching for it.

"Don't," I said, my voice extremely hoarse. "You'll hurt yourself even more if you try and grab that."

"There's someone outside," she whispered, slowly pointing to the opened door of the dropship.

That's when the realization struck. No one else was here. No one from the hundred, at least. I went unconscious in Marcus' arms, and he was no where to be seen. It was too quiet for all of the survivors to be out and about. They were gone. Where? I didn't know.

"Where is every-everyone?" I managed to choke out. My throat was dry, the only thing keeping it working was my saliva.

"I don't know, they all vanished," Raven informed me. She looked sickly pale, and her eyes had giant black bags underneath them. "But I hear one person outside. It could be a grounder. I need to use the gun to shoot him."

She reached for the gun once more, but I managed to get to it first. I shuffled my way to the left, feeling like I was underwater from the lack of oxygen I had while doing so. I flopped my hand onto the rifle, and dragged it behind my back.

"You're paralyzed, I'm not," I stated, "If someone comes in, there's a better chance of me holding them off than you."

She nodded, then looked up to the ceiling of the dropship. She was worried for Finn, I knew she was. I was worried for Bellamy.

He was dead, he had to of been. There was no way he could've survived that blast. I wanted to be sure if he was gone or not, but I also didn't want to go out there and find his burnt body on the ground. I'd rather have not known what happened to him than see that.

I heard clunky footsteps come up the ramp of the dropship. Though they were quiet, they were heavy. Either a guy from camp or a grounder. I couldn't take any chances, though.

I cocked the gun behind my back, gripping my hand around it, ready to pull it out when needed. I kept my other hand overtop of my stomach, despite the pain, to be able to hold up the gun when I used it.

When I heard the parachute being rustled, I clamped my eyes shut, pretending to be dead. The footsteps made their way towards Raven and I, and I waited for the right moment to blast his head off.

When his footsteps stopped, that's when I acted.

With all the power I had, I dragged the gun forwards, aiming right for the intruder. It was a grounder. I firmly held the gun with both hands, and pressed down on the trigger. The bullet went right into his skull, causing blood to fly up onto the ceiling. He dropped dead instantly.

The gun fell to the floor beside me, and I let out a sigh of relief, as well as to finally breath. Though, my breathing stopped when I heard another set of footsteps coming into the dropship.