1

"and..done!", the man celebrates while also wiping the sweat off of his forehead.

Beomgyu crosses his arms looking clearly uninterested in what this crazy robotics engineer was doing as he was always onto something.  "I have shit to do.", beomgyu complains.

"Hold on a second you ungrateful kid and you'd be greatly surprised by what i am about to present to you.", the old man replied adding a creepy giggle while messing with some buttons. 

Beomgyu rolled his eyes and leaned on a counter. He pressed a button on his watch, a display instantly appearing.  He was now watching the recent news. Everything seemed extremely boring to him. He sighed and just sat down on top of the counter. 

Beomgyu was a spy.  Not the bad kind. Not just an ordinary spy but a very professional one.  He was a very competitive person which made it impossible for him to not solve a case. He despised loosing.

It was the 2300's and technology had spread throughout the world. One child policy had been inhibited due to high population so Beomgyu was the only child.. Beomgyu was 21. The world treated him in a cruel way.  He grew up in an orphanage all alone. It was hard for him to socialize with the other kids. 

He escaped his thoughts as soon as he heard loud clapping. It was the engineer indeed. 

"Pay attention as I am about to show you something you've never seen before."

He furrowed his eyebrows and stood up. The engineer pushed out a large box looking machine. 

"TA-DA!", the man cheered loudly as he pressed a button on a remote, instantly revealing a figure. 

Beomgyu's eyes widened. He walked towards the figure. It was another boy,  a man who looked around his age.  Beomgyu grabbed his wrist and shook it a little.

"He's lifeless!", beomgyu yelled at the engineer. He let go of the figure's wrist and walked towards the man, grabbing his collar with gritted teeth. "What did you do to this poor boy?"

"Let go of my shirt!", he shoved him and fixed his shirt.

"This is a humanoid robot.", he continued. "This is probably the most human looking robot on this planet.  This has taken YEARS of hardwork to make by different engineers. I finally finished this along with another person."

Beomgyu was in pure shock.  He had seen many machines and robots in his life but none of them looked this realistic. It was almost as if like he was an actual human.

Beomgyu walked towards the lifeless figure and examined it from head to toe. He touched his face with his fingers softly, treating it like a glass vase from the olden times. 

The robots eyes shot open suddenly,  startling beomgyu. Leaving him in an awkward position. Somehow,  he was still frozen with the back of his hand touching the robot's face. Beomgyu  noticed that the robot had big beautiful eyes.

"ehm ehm.", the engineer, Jax accentuated to bring his attention towards his words. 

Beomgyu took a few steps back in awkwardness.

"What was that?", Jax questioned.

"Anyways, What purpose does this robot serve?"
Jax pressed the button again,  turning off the robot.

"Oh,  It's a friend, a partner, and someone you can do whatever with. Like solving cases, it's a very smart robot."

"So is he supposed to be my personal assistant?"

"Exactly!"

"I do not need one. I am better off alone. I can manage everything myself.", beomgyu picked his flying motorbikes keys from the counter and walked towards the door. "

"HEY!", Jax shouted,  immediately coughing afterwards. "The upper sector has prepared him for you. Your tasks are getting difficult to complete each passing day and I know your mental health is deteriorating. You certainly need someone."

Beomgyu stopped and turned back around. 
"Alright, hand me the remote."

"Wait, I have to remind you this first.  This robot is almost like a human,  the way it talks,  its intelligence is only above average, it can convey emotions and its like he still has a developing brain of a 20 year old."

Beomgyu was indeed very impressed with this creation. Jax explained everything beomgyu needed to know about him. 

Jax soon handed him the remote.  He immediately pressed the ON button.  His eyes opening again.

"Hey taehyun! This is Choi Beomgyu, your friend.", Jax introduced.

Taehyun smiled brightly. He walked towards Beomgyu swiftly. This is when beomgyu realized that nobody would suspect that he's not real.  Taehyun got a little too close to beomgyu, startling him a little. He looked down at Taehyun's happy face. 

"Hi hyung.  Are you my owner?"

Beomgyu was shocked by his voice, the sentence turning his ears red. His voics sounded too real and unique.

---------------------------------------------------------

To be continued.