Chapter Twenty-One

(I enjoyed this chapter! Please let me know what you think as you read!)

The ride to the bar was relatively quiet. Shawn toyed with the fingers Leo had on his thigh, tugging on one slowly with a small, cheeky grin. The truth was, he did not want to go to the club. He did not want to risk being tempted by the alcohol after what Chance had done to him. Still, in a way, the idea of alcohol nearly made him sick. It was clear Chance had forced too much down him. The idea of taking in more alcohol only proved to nauseate him.

However, he did want to be near Leo. There was a part of him that feared what might happen if he were left alone. Even though he did not want to be at the bar, he did want to stay with Leo.

He did not desire images of Chance haunting him while Leo was at work. He did not want to become a nuisance to Leo and force the male to refuse to allow him to join him anymore. Despite his fears, there was no ignoring the way Leo kept looking his way with a look in his eyes. It was not the same look Chance had stared at him with, a hard and lustful look as though wanting to ravage him.

No, it was a look Leo often gave Shawn. A gentle look with soft blue eyes.
"Don't look so worried, baby."

The soft words caught Shawn off guard, and he looked to him quickly before his cheeks flushed with the nickname used.
"I am not worried." He huffed out, quickly returning his gaze to the window. The words had Leo chuckling as he squeezed Shawn's hand firmly into his own.

"Of course not. Well, when we go back home, I was thinking that we could have some fun. Being at the bar tends to stress me out; would you be kind enough to let me destress?" The words were a request, something that caught Shawn off guard. He could not stop the small smile that slid onto his features as he nodded.

"I would like that." He agreed lowly. It was different that he had come to accept his position with Leo; he had begun accepting it before Chance even. Chance only seemed to solidify that Leo was what he needed in his life. Leo gave him a reason to be sober and to be obedient. He certainly made it worth his time to be so. Not only did he receive pleasure from Leo, but he received praise. That was something he had come to miss in his time at the prison and his time with Chance. He missed Leo's way of demeaning him only to build him up with a kind, gentle praise.

"You seem distracted." Leo mused and he quickly shook his head, clearing his throat.

"Sorry, I was just...thinking." He grumbled out, squeezing Leo's hand. He received a gentle squeeze back as they pulled up to the club.

"You look nice." Leo cooed to him once he opened the car door for Shawn and admired his looks. The praise had him flushing, glancing down at his outfit. He was wearing the opposite of Leo who wore a pair of black slacks, a belt, and a black button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up. He assumed it was a uniform for the security; it certainly made Leo appear more attractive.

Shawn, on the other hand, was wearing jeans and a white shirt that was part way unbuttoned. He had his collar on that Leo had given to him, though Shawn hardly seemed to register wearing it anymore. It had become part of his natural wardrobe once more. It felt nice now, compared to how he resented it when he first started seeing Leo. Back then, the collar had been humiliating just as Leo intended it to be. Now, he considered it a comfort. Even if it was very obviously intended for a dog while being padded.

"You look nice as well." Leo could not keep his smile away at the return of a compliment from Shawn. He leaned down, pressing his lips gently to his before he guided him into the empty club through the back.

It was certainly odd being in the club before the lights were dimmed and there was no music going. Shawn allowed his eyes to flicker around curiously, watching as people were setting up different areas. He was surprised when Leo turned, and he clipped something onto Shawn's collar that had him staring at him in disbelief.