Chapter 4 || Unlucky Powers

it's time to buy coffee before school because I am not going to that cursed building on sports day with no caffeine. It's too early for this.

Y/N walks into the cafe past the sign detailing the cafe's schedule. It's currently 6 a.m., the cafe's opening time since school starts at 7:45 a.m.

The cashier, perky as ever said, "Hello! What can I get you?"

ah-what DO I want, actually

Y/N looked over the menu quickly, not knowing what to get but remembering his mental note to get coffee jelly for Saiki.

OK, so definitely 2 servings of that-but I don't know what else...

"Could I get-2 coffee jellies? And, maybe just your favorite coffee to make? I don't get coffee much" Y/N laughs nervously

"Oh, alright! Sure, just give me a second. Would you prefer something hot or iced?"

"hot, please"

"Okay!" The worker said before getting straight to making his coffee. It only took a few minutes before it was ready.

"All ready! That'll be-"

I heard this cafe's coffee jelly is supposed to be particularly good but I've never tried anything but their coffee-I hope Saiki likes his.

Y/N takes a sip of his coffee while thinking about his plan to give Saiki the coffee jelly

this is great, I should go there more often-how lucky for her to just guess what I would like and be correct!
- 6:59 AM

"hey, saiki! Wait up!"

Saiki was walking with Kaido and Nendou when Y/N ran up to them all and handed Saiki a bag.

"I stopped for coffee this morning and they had coffee jelly so I got you some!"

If the gods are real you have to be one of them.

"Oh, thanks."

"hey-you got Saiki a treat but not us?" Kaido groaned

"huh? I didn't even know if you liked coffee jelly-plus they're more of a gratitude gift I guess." Y/N mumbled, feeling bad for showing up with stuff only for Saiki

kaido was about to complain more before Y/N remembered something.

"how do you guys think you did on the test? We get our scores today"

"We had a test? I probably did good on it" Nendou said, bragging about the test he hadn't even gotten the score for yet.

"if you did good then I have to have aced it," Kaido said with heavy disappointment.

"I think I did good, you guys should have studied more" Y/N sighed.

"don't group me in with these idiots."

Y/N laughs, "noted"

hmm.

-
Y/N was right, they should have studied more.

"I got 23% on the test-" Kaido said with a defeated look

Holding up his test as proof, Nendou bragged, "Seriously? It wasn't that hard! I got an 82%!"

"HUH? There's no way you of all people got a better score than me!" Kaido said ripping the paper from Nendou's hand

Y/N shrugged, "maybe he's just naturally academically talented? I don't know, I got a 98% but I stayed up studying"