i.

a/n: hello! i haven't written on wattpad since like forever. mostly because i got locked out of my old account. anyways this is my mmmm third hotd fic, ive written others on ao3 and tumblr. this one is probably my favorite that i've written/am going to write. anyways if you love alicent and rhaenyra you are in the right place. here are some tw (i literally do not know how to operate wattpad)

tw: targcest, mentions of death. love triangle(?). repressed feelings. daemon slander. me being delusional. some grammar mistakes. 

★ - ♖- ★

Few people knew of your true origins, left at the gates of Driftmark, crying with wisps of silver hair. The Velaryons didn't know what to do with you, you resembled them enough that no one would assume you were anything but of Velaryon descent or worse—Targaryen. Unsure of what to do they kept you until the King and Queen caught wind of the news and demanded you be sent to them. Queen Aemma was quite taken with you from the moment she laid eyes on you. The King seeing his wife so taken could not refuse her this child, not after the numerous times she had tried to bear him children but complications kept arising.

A story was concocted between the Targaryens and Velaryons. Of how the queen gave birth in secret and sent the babe to Driftmark for its safety. And how she would return to King's Landing shortly after your second name day, which was the age they found you. Conveniently, you and Rhaenyra—their first born, shared a name day. And not being very far apart in age people called you twins, despite your clear different appearances they deemed you The Realms Delight and The Sweet Dragon.

In truth you were a couple summers younger than Rhaenyra, but to everyone you were twins: born of the same mother on the same day with nothing but silver hair to show for it.

Among the other dealings by the Targaryens and Velaryons was that you were to spend two months of the year at Driftmark. Rhaenys was just as taken by you as Aemma.

Out of this many people began to question the Crown's story. What imminent threat presented itself in which they had to send one daughter away and not the other? Why was there never news of the Queen birthing two healthy girls? Why your sudden return?

To all who questioned him—your father—were put to the blade, explaining they questioned the Crown out of treason.

As twins your relationship with Rhaenyra had always been close. There was almost never a moment you were separated, always holding hands when walking through the Red Keep, always smiling and giggling. If you weren't by Rhaenyra's side you were at Driftmark, and though you missed your sister, Leana was heaven sent.

But as you grew and people from your fathers court came and went, Otto Hightower entered and with him a young Alicent Hightower. Your relationship with Rhaenyra began to crumble, no longer did Rhaenyra look for you. The giggling in the Red Keep came from Rhaenyra and Alicent, arm in arm.

Anger and hatred began to fill your small heart. Left without a friend you dove into your studies, learning High Valyrian, the histories of Westeros, and dragon riding. Along with the mandatory

'womanly duties' of embroidery and hair braiding among other things.

With the absence of Rhaenyra you sought out your mother for comfort. Following her around like a puppy when you were not busy. This led to constantly interacting with your mother and the servants, that is where your term of endearment began–the Sweet Dragon. Because of your constant usage of 'please' and 'thank you', being the sweetest version of yourself you could. If Alicent was loved by Rhaenyra you could make sure to be loved by the people around you.