𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘋𝘢𝘺 𝘐𝘵 𝘏𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘥.

Cesar was sitting with Mark in the hospital. He looked worse than he ever had been. Tired, pale and weak.

He was getting weaker and weaker everyday. That doesn't just happen every night.

Cesar knew what was going to happen. But he didn't want to believe it.

"Goodness, Mark. Your hands are cold."

"My hands are always cold during the winter."

He was right. It had been snowing outside. It was so cold..

"..Yeah. I guess you could say that."

Cesar smiled at Mark. He smiled weakly back.

"Y'know, Cesar. I really..Really care about you. A-As a friend."

"Mhm."

"I just..There are so many things I wanted to do with you that I can't do anymore."

Cesar's eyes focused on the bandages wrapped around his head with dried blood on it.

"..Yeah?"

"Mhm."

He relaxed himself onto the bed.

"I don't know..I think."

Mark sighed.

"Tell Jonah I always thought of dying my hair because of him. And..I thought he was really cool. I always wanted to be like him."

"Huh?"

Cesar was surprised. Not because of what Mark said about Jonah. He was surprised that Mark was saying it right now..What was he doing?

"And-..Tell Adam and Sarah that they're two of the most strongest people I've ever met. I love my sister and I want her to know that I'm there for her..Along with Adam."

"Mark-..What are you—"

"And Cesar..I..I want you to stay safe."

..The pillow seemed to sink a little.
And Mark died.

"Wh.."

Cesar didn't know how it happened. It was so sudden.

He didn't react immediately. He just sat there. Staring at Marks body.

He put a hand on his forehead. He wasn't to cold.

He pushed hair from his face.

"Could never keep that hair out of your face, could you?"

He removed his hand.

Cesar felt a wave of pain and anger hit him. Along with anxiety.

"This is what happens when you try and help people now look at you."

He felt sadness more than anything.

His vision was blurred, tears were forming but he impatiently wiped them away.

"Damnit, Mark..God..Damnit."

He tried to fight back tears but ultimately started crying when he realized he couldn't.

His head was in his hands.

A few sobs and whimpers came from him as he cried. Feeling hopeless. Nearly useless.

He felt like he could've prevented this in some way. But, he didn't. He just..Watched Mark die.

He must've been in so much pain but he could've healed. He couldn't done something— ANYTHING. Anything would've helped.

He knew he was lying to himself.

Mark wasn't going to get out the hospital without dying. And he knew that. He wouldn't heal it was all just a lie.

Cesar didn't want to think anymore.

He got up. Leaving the hospital. Feeling horrible with himself.

Adam and Jonah..What would they think?

What would they do? Would they leave Cesar? Would they blame him for not doing Jack shit? It was..So..Weird.

He wasn't use to the feeling of walking home by himself.

But he would have to get use to it today,