Plot

What can I say... everything leading up to this moment has all been for this. 6 months ago I received a email from The New York Times I left my small hometown in Texas not surly where I was going to end up but there I was in New York City.

My roommate and I have been liven in this two story apartment on the upper side of New York since that famous email. Megan was my roommate and my best friend, we have been talking about moving to New York to become a somebody since freshman year at AMC.

Megan was the apprentice to the famous fashion designer in the New York paper and I?....Well I am just a receptionist for the big boss. I've been making my way up the ladder but not one single step have been made.

I sat there leaning back in my office chair looking at the ceiling daydreaming about how it would be nice to become well known writer like my boss.

DELIA!!! - Megan

AAAAAaAAa- me

I screamed loudly as Megan slammed her hands on my desk causing me to fall backwards on to the floor. Megan stood there laughing as if she was about to pee her pants when I noticed a hand reaching out towards me.

I looked up in embarrassment when I saw who it was.... Mr. Green my boss the office got silent real quick.

Sorry Mr. Green I didn't mean to cause a disturbance I will understand if you want to demote me - me

Demote you ?!...No your my best receptionist but that's not why I am here.....I am here to ask if you can come to a work event with me tomorrow.-Mr.Green

Yes...I would love too- me

Well alright than ....we'll met you at The Willow's bar.- Mr. Green

We''ll ?- me

Yes the up coming hot new writer D.C.J is going to be there and everyone is going to try and get him to sign with them but we'll be the first one- Mr. Green

The hot new write he say...who is this kid and what makes him so great. Later that night I read up on D.C.J's books and I fell in love. This person had captivated love lost and happiness into one book . I felt some weird connection towards their writing I can't explain but all I know was how excited I was to met them.

✨Tomorrow Night ✨

Tonight was the night...I was going to met the one and only DCJ at Willows. I sat up leaning in to get a closer look at to apply my lip gloss before heading out when I heard a knock.

Who's there- Me

Standing up I opened the front door and there stood a tall muscular man with sun shades on and what looks like a captains hat in front of me.

Miss. Sanchez. Mr. Green is awaiting your company.- mysterious man

I grabbed my purse and headed towards the car downstairs.

Mr. Green walked me in talking about the new hot writer and ways to get him to sign with us when noticed a crowed. Everybody was there a whole bunch of men from other writing offices and even small businesses.

I sat at the bar with my card on a tab ranking in the motivational shots when I felt someone tap my arm.

Delia- Mr.Green

I slowly turned around with my shot glass half way up to my lips when I saw him.
His hair laying just above his check bone wavy and thick. His eyes deepening with feelings of greenery and hints of golden flacks.

DCJ a.k.a Arlo Mathew's this is my employee Delia Sanchez.- Mr.Green

Hello Deles - Arlo

Arlo?- Me

I can't believe it Arlo Matthews my childhood friend. He was DCJ?!

In school Arlo and I was inseparable always together people thought we would eventually date but after freshman year Arlo became distant and cold towards and I never knew why.

Well you guys talk I have to go you to talk okay...
Psss Delia seal the deal- Mr.green

What's it been 8 years?!- Arlo

Yes if I remember correctly- Me

Wow can't believe you work at the New York Times I remember you always wanting to go there...so what you having?- Arlo

I looked at him with pettiness all this anger came up from deep down inside me. What did I do to him for him to stop being my friend. His smirk fueled my rage but I needed him to sign on with NYC times.

What you say if I out drink you will you put the paper on top of your list- me

I watched as he leaned against the bar considering the challenge I faced him. Moving my straight ginger hair behind my ears he took the challenge and ordered 12 shots, 6 shots each of whiskey.

Okay first one to get to fucked up loses- Me

Okay lest play truth or dare while at it like old times, you first truth or dare - Arlo

Truth - me

Embarrassing first time story - Arlo

I don't have one- me

Like you don't have an embarrassing one or you haven't had your first yet ?...No no I remember you dating that Steven guy in high school freshman year people said you did . - Arlo

He wasn't the guy for me spread these rumors about us hooking up and I was too focused on getting here.- Me

He looked at me in shock than stepped back like I was to fragile or something. What was wrong ?

6 shot and 2 Long Island tea later I was seeing double. Arlo was not even fazed, I slurped my word and tripped over my own feet...I was falling when Arlo caught me.

My eyes gazing into his...I felt his strong arms holding me and when I was about to pick myself up he whispered to me.

What I could teach you- Arlo

His eyes tracing my figure like I was an object, Standing up quickly I looked him in the eyes
I couldn't speak this unbearable tension between us grew as we stood there, gazing into each others eyes.

What should I think? Do I like him or do I hate him only tomorrow will see.. even if he takes up the offer.

Waking up the next day I came in hung over and wearing shades with my comfy clothes and coffee in hand.

*phone speaker*

Miss Sanchez come into my office please - Mr.Green

He knows...it was over I got drunk on office time and I didn't get Arlo to sign. It was time to face the music.

Waking in I was not prepared on what I was seeing.

Arlo standing there with his mugged smile and his ashy blond hair wetted back.

Met our new Vis Executive Publisher aka your new boss...Delia you have been promoted up to assistant - Mr.Green

I am doomed