Chapter 9

*Warning⚠️ Suicidal attempt and thoughts

Kanan took Ezra to his place and laid him on a sofa. Pablo came scrabbling in as his tiny paws tapped along the hardwood floor. He started barking. Ezra whispered "Puppy."
Kanan hushed him and scooped the dog up. The pup whined and wiggled in Kanan's arms to turn towards him and lick his face.
Kanan scrunched his nose and put him in his cage. "Stay." Kanan order and the dog obeyed sitting calmly and whining.

Kanan headed back to the living room only to see Ezra sitting up staring blankly into nothing.
Kanan put a hand on his shoulder and Ezra looked at him. His lips were chapped and his face was pale. Kanan shuddered and pulled the warm towel from behind him. He gently wiped Ezra's face clean making him flinch and breathe lightly.

Kanan wiped his nose and Ezra grabbed hold of his wrist. Kanan paused and as Ezra removes the towel and put his cheek into the palm of Kanan's hand. Tears fell silently as Ezra whispered "thank you." looking up at him his eyes misty and face flushed.

Kanan smiled genuinely and continued to clean him.

~~~~
Kanan cooked a meal for Him, Ez, and Pablo. Ezra continued to sip water and rubbed the back of Pablo's ear. "Food's ready." Kanan called as he began putting it on the plates.

Ezra set the table and grabbed more napkins. Kanan set the plates on the table and closed his eyes murmuring. Ezra watched him curiously.
When Kanan finished he looked up. Ezra quickly looked down face flushed and drank some water from the cup in front of him.

Kanan smiled and began to eat. They were both silent as they ate the meal. After they were finished, Kanan put the plates in the sink and ran the water.

Ezra cleaned up the table and floors. He heard Kanan humming and stood there to listen. It was a gentle tune and harmonizing in the mind silence. The water in the sink swished and metals spoons were clinking against the plates. Ezra went back to cleaning and picked up scrap paper.

'He's not as bad as they said he was.' He thought. He got up and went to dump the dust into the trash bin only to be stopped by Kanan. He was inches from him and he could feel his blood rushing in every limb all the way to his numb face. He wasn't afraid and he wasn't sure what he wanted to feel.

Kanan grabbed the dust tray and dumped it.
"There's a bath water made and extra clothes on my bed. I'll be up soon after I make this call." Kanan told him before heading to the living room. Pablo followed him.

Ezra walked up the stairs and went to the room with a light on. The door was cracked and he opened it. The light was dimmer but he could see clearly. There was a huge bed with ragged covers and sheets. The pillows were different shapes, sizes, and different pillow cases.

The clothes were on the foot of the bed. Blue flannel pajama pants and a grey shirt. He went to find the bathroom and saw that it was a lot cleaner than he imagined. He put his finger in the bath water. 'Still warm'. He thought. He got undressed and put the clothes next to the door.

He looked around for a ponytail scrunchie and saw one on the sink. He grabbed it and tied his hair into a small little bun. Once he found a comfortable position to soak he squat down slowly letting the water envelope him in moist warm. Steam flowed from the water surface as bubbles evaporated. Ezra sighed as he loses his tension. He couldn't mentally relax due to the event that happened to him earlier.

He grabbed the soap and lathered it in the pouf floating in the tub. He scrubbed and rubbed away any hint of them on his skin. The voices and taunting erupted the silence as Ezra breathed heavily tears rushing down his face.

He scrubbed so hard the surface of his skin turned dark red. The rings around his wrist were still brown. He dropped the pouf and  touched them.

A sudden emptiness came over him. He zoned out staring blankly at his arm. ' Maybe I deserved that. I can be annoying sometimes.'
he thought.