Preface

"To tell a truth is a lie, but a hideous lie is embraced by everyone as the only truth."
©Mischievous

A man clad in dark trench coat with formal suit on, appeared suddenly on each television screens.

He's 6 foot tall, wears a dark mask with a huge 7 written in the middle.

The once noisy neighborhood and busy city folks turned silent as they focused their gaze, on the television screen.

It's almost 11:55 to noon on the clock, as the man started to motion the camera to focus it on him, as he spoke in a distorted bass voice.

' People of Alphabet City! He said and started to motion his hands upward, inviting.

'You can call me Mr. 7, I'm a top tiered vigilante who roams the world and finds amusement on playing my subjects. Like a marionette to its puppet, like a hunter to its prey. I show no remorse nor mercy, he added.

'I am not a hero, so don't ever call me one. I came here to instill terror to your government officials, includes agents who are filled with greed and corrupted. To this day, you're the predator no longer that manipulates each prey into submission. For I shall cook with utmost destruction and serve you the horrific taste of terror, you never wished of. Today, marks the end of your reign and a new born society that you never exists, he included.

'And today, I declare war against you.

Let the hunt begins!' he ended with his fingers formed L to tease the viewers.

As the clock strikes 12, the screen went black and there's a minute of silence in the city.

Until, someone broke the silence and now the whole city's in uproar.

The officials delegate marshalls and sets up nationwide interviews to calm the anxious crowds.

'Who can we trust now?
'Can we trust each other still?
'Who is Mr.7?

Questions that the officials took as they faced the reporters, with new sets of challenges that will test them along the way.