The Start of Something

I can't believe I'm in Los Angeles, I would have never thought I'd get the chance to travel out of India to LA. It was really sad to leave my family for this project but it's my dream to be part of Now United, a project by Simon Fuller.
I was on my way to where the car would pick me up when I saw a really attractive guy standing beside the baggage carousel I saw him reaching for a suitcase that looked just like mine, I quickly ran to it and grabbed it before he could touch it,
"Um that's my bag," he said with an accent that said he was British though he didn't look like it,"No the bag is for me, you can even check the tag on it," I replied. I turned the bag and saw that my name wasn't on it, it was addressed to Bailey May. He then took it from me and walked away without saying a word.
I mentally smacked myself because it was super embarrassing like why do I always look stupid in front of guys, like the time when I had catarrh and I laughed at something a friend said in front of my crush then you kinda know what came out of my nose.
As I was still getting over the humiliation, I got a message saying that the car was was waiting. I got out and walked out I saw a really cool black jeep with a man standing outside, I sent a message to the driver that I was outside. I then saw him waving towards me. I ran to him and explained what happened with my bag. He then took me back inside to complain about me not finding my bag. Unfortunately it was missing, so I had to use the things that were in my carry on bag. I entered the jeep only to the dude that I embarrassed myself in front of sitting beside a girl about my age. He looked at me then smiled a bit and turned back to his phone. Apparently we were already running late to go to the studios to meet everyone because of me so we couldn't stop at the hotel to get ready.

My anxiety was building up and me being nervous was an understatement, I was terrified being among people that were considered competition. There was even another Indian in the room and they only needed one from each country. I was also really scared of meeting Simon Fuller.
We all waited in the suite that was decorated as if there was a banquet and there were video cameras that were filming us. Most people were in groups, I even spotted the guy from the airport who is apparently Bailey May, and he is from the Philippines but lives in UK, he was talking with some guys across the room. As we were all chatting, well except for me, some people walked in.
"Welcome, all of you to our studios, it is a great pleasure to have you all here, you all here because you all want to be part of Now United. You will all be working with Kyle Hanagami and World of Beast, they will monitor all of you to know which of you is right for this, every day here is an audition because we are all watching you to know who is right, so give it your best," said a lady who had introduced herself as Yonta Taiwo, the project manager. We then gathered around to take a picture with her and the rest of the crew, everyone was excited to work with the choreographers. We were then told to go to our assigned rooms and get ready in an hour because rehearsals would start immediately.

I got to my assigned room with my bag strapped at my back and opened the door. I marveled at the beauty of the hotel room. Everything in it was white, there were two twin beds in the room, though the room wasn't really big or spacious but it was beautiful. There was even a flat screen tv in it and some dressers. The bathroom too was amazing also completely white, it definitely looked better than the one I shared with my sisters at home.
Since I didn't have my clothes with me, I sat on the bed staring at the new environment when a girl walked into the room, she looked like she was either Chinese or Japanese. She smiled a bit at me and asked,"Is this room 224," she said with a strong accent,"Yes, you must be my new roommate," I replied, holding out my hand,"I'm Shivani, I'm from India,"
"I'm Hina, I'm from Japan," she said then reached out for a hug. I then hugged her, she walked towards the bed that beside the window and placed her suitcase on top of it,"Are you going to the bathroom Now?" She asked,"No, you can go in now, we have like thirty minutes before we go downstairs for rehearsals,"
"Okay, thank you," she said then she walked into the bathroom. She seemed really nice and kind of adorable, I think we will both get along just fine.
"I am really excited to do this, I just hope I am good enough to be in Now United," said Hina as we both walked towards the others,"Don't worry Hina, just calm down and do your best, I'm sure you will do great," I said.
We went into the the dance studios to start rehearsal, it was really strange seeing Kyle Hanagami and World of Beast face to face instead of on the screen, I was standing at the back of the studio because I liked it there. We started learning a choreo to a funky song I've never heard before. Apparently Kyle was really strict, any small mistake in the choreo and you had to do five push-ups, I'm not even good at push ups. By the end of rehearsal we were all tired, almost all of us did push-ups except for this American guy named Josh. We were all sitting and chatting in the dance studio when we heard that Simon Fuller was coming. He looked a bit older to me but has great hair, he sat with the choreographers and some of his team, including the project manager. We then performed the dance in front of him. Afterwards we were told to sit in the waiting room so that each of us could do a private audition. Most of those that had already gone in came out happy, Hina also came out happy. As I waited for them to call me, I sat down talking with this guy from UK, whose name was Lamar. We were talking about rap songs when Bailey sat next to Lamar and gave him a fist bump, I then looked at my hands because I felt really nervous around him. "So, Shivani is it, I hope you found your bag," he said looking at me with sincerity in his eyes, I shook my head to say no because I was too scared to speak,"Bailey, my man, What's up," said Josh as he plopped down on Bailey's lap,"Oh get off," said Bailey shoving him off his laps,"Hey there, I'm Josh," said Josh as he got off the floor, reaching for a hug, I not really knowing what to do being my first time hugging a boy that's not my dad, I akwardly hugged him.