Visible Scars

"I've just been here... alone."

     They were safe. Right? After everything a little camera couldn't get in their way. The 8 of them all decided to buy a house together. After fighting with entity 443, they never wanted anything else bad to happen while they were all in different places. 

     Hyunjin lies on his bed. He couldn't sleep. He hears a knock on his door he grins and jumps up. When he opens it, Changbin stands in front of him. "Let's go get Felix." 

     The two boys get dressed and walk out, getting into the car. The drive was quiet, so of course, Changbin decided to change that. "So have you really not kissed Felix yet?"

     "What?"

     "You haven't, have you?" Changbin laughs, making Hyunjin sigh. "You guys have been together for like 6 months!"

     "Well, he was in the hospital for like 3 of those 6!"

     "So, it's his fault?"

     "Stop. I'll kiss him when I..." He pauses, and Changbin smirks at him.

     "Quit being such a wimp?"

     "Okay, okay! Goddamn."

     "Kid. Language." Hyunjin sighs, tapping his finger on the steering wheel.

     "Sorry Storm. But are you hearing this?!"

     "What that you haven't kissed your little boyfriend yet?"

     "Whatever." After a couple more minutes, they arrive at the hospital. Felix was getting discharged today, so Hyunjin was excited to show him the new house, and to be with him of course. They get inside, Hyunjin clutching a bouquet of flowers in his right hand. Walking up to the lady at the reception desk. She smiles at him. "Yeji."

     "Hyunjin. Changbin." She greets them and gestures towards the hallway leading to the rooms. "Go on back. Felix already has most of his things." While visiting the hospital so many times wasn't the best thing ever. They got to see Felix all while making a new friend. The two boys had become a frequent which is odd considering it's a hospital.

     Yeji was always at the desk by the time they would visit Felix, so they saw her quite a bit. Hyunjin knocks on Felix's door, and he hears a small. "Yeah?" The raven grins and walks inside, waving the flowers in the air. "Jinnie!"

     "Don't call me that." Hyunjin groans.

     "Well, you took my phone."

     "Because you wouldn't go to sleep!"

     "Too late. You get a cute nickname for your cute face." The raven frowns while Changbin is full on cackling behind him.

     Hyunjin hands Felix the flowers and places a kiss on the top of his head. "Congrats on getting better." He says in a soft voice, and the blonde smiles up at him. 

     "Okay enough with all the lovey dovey shit. Get the boy home."

     "You're just mad because you don't have someone." 

     "Storm?" Felix whispers, and Hyunjin chuckles.

     "Why are you whispering?" The blonde looks around. 

     "When we saw that camera on the field... and then you guys snuck me back here. I've been... hearing things, seeing things that aren't there, feeling things. And the whole time I've just been here... alone." For some reason Hyunjin felt like he heard that before. 

     They help the blonde get the rest of his things and then leave. Felix was eager to get home to see everyone again. Once they pull into the driveway, Felix runs out, but Hyunjin stops him. "Slow down! You just got out, take your time!" The younger nods and takes hold of Hyunjin's hand.

     Slowly, they walk into the house, Changbin lingering behind them. When they open the door, everyone screams and runs to tackle Felix. However, Hyunjin's smile slowly fades. He leaves Felix to reunite with the others, going back to his room. For a second, he thinks about what Felix had said. About him feeling and seeing things. Then... Hyunjin remembered.

     "I'm hearing things. Seeing things that aren't there, feeling things. And the whole time I've been alone, I can't do it anymore."

     He remembered where he heard that from, he said it himself. And he said it because... Storm was there. Did that mean...

     "Kid." Suddenly he hears Storm in his ear.

     "Yeah?"

     "Your boyfriend... he has an entity, doesn't he?"

     "Felix... He fits the profile, doesn't he?" Hyunjin pauses. "I think he does." Then, Felix opens the door. He walks towards Hyunjin and looks up at him. 

     "Are you talking about me?" He asks, making the raven think about his words.

     "I'm... Storm wanted to know how you were." Hyunjin drags the boy to the bed and lays down with him. "You need rest." Felix stares at him silently. There was a lot on his mind. He closes his eyes, trying his best to focus on the feeling of Hyunjin's hands on his waist instead of the subtle breathing on the back of his neck.

     Hyunjin knew what he was going through. He recognized that look on the boy's face. The look of trying to ignore something. Trying to hide how scared you are. He pulls Felix close, placing a soft kiss on his cheek. 

     Later in the evening, Felix opens his eyes, but Hyunjin wasn't there. His eyes widen. He couldn't be alone again, he couldn't. "Hyunjin..." He mumbles, feeling a tap on his shoulder. But when he turns around there was no one there. His heart begins to beat fast, tears well up in his eyes. He was scared. "Hyunjin!" 

     Suddenly, he hears fast footsteps, and Hyunjin comes running through the door. "What's wrong?!" Hyunjin was just sitting on the couch with the others before he heard Felix yelling his name.

     Felix runs over to him, wrapping his arms around the boy. Hyunjin sighs, draping his arms over the blondes' shoulders. "What happened?"

     "Nothing..." That's what came out of the Felix's mouth yes... but Hyunjin knew that he was lying. He brings Felix out to sit with everybody.

     To be honest, it was great living with each other. Being with your best friends 24/7 was amazing. Felix sits next to the raven, holding his hand tightly. He looks down at the scars that cover his hands.

     He hated how it looked. Hyunjin's scars were worse though. He wore short sleeved shirts more often, so you could visibly see the scars that ran all the way up his arms. He runs over the scars with his finger, making Hyunjin flinch. "What is it?"

     Felix shakes his head, not answering. They chat with each other for a while before the raven glances over at him. "Are you hungry?" He asks, and Felix nods. So, they walk over to the kitchen, watching as Hyunjin scoops some kimchi fried rice into a bowl. Frying an egg, and then placing it on top.

     Felix immediately begins to spoon the rice into his mouth. It felt so comforting to eat, especially when his boyfriend made it for him. "Don't eat too fast." Hyunjin whispers, smiling at boy. He wipes the corners of the blonde's mouth.

     Felix swallows his food, staring back at the boy. The boy who gazes at him with so much love and affection. The boy who touches him so tenderly and speaks so soft. The boy who completed a piece of him that he didn't even know was missing.

     The boy. Hwang Hyunjin.