1, Casimir

Casimir fixed his tie, making sure he looked presentable for the ball. His dark brown hair was down, the curls lying on his shoulders, some adorned with golden rings. His fingers lay on his chest, above his navy vest.

He looked closely into his mirror, leaning on the desk in front of him. He turned his head, looking for any marks or new scars on his face.

He turned back, looking at the front of his face. Looking into his amber eyes. Watching as the pupils dilated. He smiled.

"You spend all your time looking into your mirror. All the time you're supposed to be using to work."

Casimir calmly turned around, looking at his brother.

"Working for what? I'm not supposed to Augustine. You're the one supposedly getting the throne. Don't be lazy with your job."

"I'm not being lazy, I'm just reminding you to do something before you're forgotten." Augustine smiled.

Casimir laughed. "I won't be forgotten. I'm a very memorable person, and you're proving it by reminding me."

"Maybe because I'm trying to get ready and you're the one all over yourself? Looking into the mirror, looking at yourself as if you're the most perfect person in the world." Augustine mocked Casimir, pretending to look into a mirror.

"Who says I'm not?" Casimir spun one of his curls on his finger.

"Everyone. Are you almost ready?" He turned back to his book, leaning against the bed frame.

"Almost. I just need to.." Casimir looked back at the mirror. "Prepare."

"Okay. I'm going to make sure they aren't messing anything up in the ballroom." Augustine sighed and walked out of the bedroom.

Casimir nodded, still looking into the mirror. Watching his eyes. His amber eyes. The ones that looked like his father's. Casimir tilted his head, observing the resemblance he has. The darker hair, the chocolate skin. He had almost no resemblance to his mother. Nothing that reminded him of her. Not even how he acted.

His brother was different. The white streaks in his hair, the blotches of lighter skin on his body. His gentle blue eyes. He was so much more beautiful than Casimir was.

Oh how Casimir wished he could be like him.

How he wished he was beautiful like him.

How he hoped he could be someone like he was.

But it's hopeless, hoping to become someone when you're older if they're the same age as you. Able to become something you couldn't. Knowing they'll exceed at what you'll be capable of when you're older, and you're just a younger version of them. Knowing that they'll always be the better one.

...

Oh How Casimir wished he could be king.

Casimir sighed, stepping away from the mirror.