𝙳𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝙴𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚗,

"Hey, Mrs. Corrigan!"
"Shut up!"

"What, are you being shy now?"
Alyssa is standing in front of me, grinning sarcastically. Marshall took Rylee with him somewhere today, so she came by to help at the shop. She turns to face Emmy and rushes towards her, embracing her tightly.

"Aww. I'm not gonna see you for a long time now. I feel sad." She makes a pout.

"D-don't worry. I'm going to call you and Marshall and Daddy everyday! "

An awkward silence settles drapes over us. Alyssa can see I'm a little uncomfortable, so she butts in, as always.

"Of course you will! Although, I think your mommy will be too busy elsewhere to bother about us."
I nudge her, smiling. She always knows how to make me happy. I go behind the counter and begin searching our website for new orders, while waiting for the hoard of customers to barge in. Alyssa comes towards me and yanks the device away, staring at me sternly.

"Tomorrow is your honeymoon. Live a little!"

I try to take back the laptop, but she pulls it away instantly.

"If you'll excuse me, I have some orders to check!"
"They can wait!"
"Ugh, Alyssa, please. Give the laptop back."
"You think I'll be intimidated by you?"
"No I don't. That's why I'm asking politely."
"Well, I'm also politely telling you that you won't be working today."
I grumble and sit back in my chair. 

"Well, then, what do I do?"
"Go for a drive, eat desserts, treat yourself! I'll handle the shop. Then, we can close it early and go out to eat!"
"That all sounds perfect, except that I've got to give Emmy over to Ryle today!"
"Overnight?"
"Of course not. I'm not keeping her away from myself the whole night. Ryle won't see her for a long time. I guess he should spend today with her."

"When is he coming?"
"In about an hour, he said. He especially made sure he was free today for Emmy. He's also bringing lunch for all of us."
"Great, you have an hour to yourself. Now, go."

She practically shoves me outside the shop, while giving Emmy a pastry she bought for herself. I don't want to go for too long, but I guess it won't hurt to take some time for myself. Never mind that technically, I'll have two whole weeks to myself later. I go out of the parking lot, and think about where to go. Suddenly, an idea strikes me.

I head over to The Cheesecake Factory and get myself a yummy dessert to eat. I also get cold coffee on the way to the beach. I stop near enough to get the perfect view, turn on the AC, and take out my notepad and pen from the dashboard. Memories flood my mind as I remember all those times I did this. Nostalgia overtakes me and before I know it, a tear skates down my cheek. I don't even know why I'm crying. Maybe it's the realization of how far I've come. From a 16-year old teenager to a mom, a boss and a...wife. It's surprising when the reality hits you. It's somehow comforting. Knowing that you made it through the hardships and the troubles and the pain. 

It's been a long time.

Dear Ellen,

It's been years since I last wrote to you. I know that's a lot, but I honestly didn't think about writing to you for a while. Sometimes, it felt unnecessary, other times it seemed childish. But I think the real reason I didn't want to write to you was because it was too much of a reminder. Of my past, what it could have been, and everything I lost. 

But here I am now.

Guess what? Atlas and I are married now. Of course, you wouldn't know about how it all led to this, so I'm going to begin from the beginning. When Atlas and I met after such a long time, I was worried about the impact he'd have on my life. Because it was too complicated back then. Ryle, Emmy, court and custody, they held me back. But you know Atlas and what he does to me.