0.05

Your pov

You were sitting on your own working on your laptop when you felt that somebody sat in front of you. You raised your stare only to see Max with a cup of coffee and a plate full of breakfast goodies sitting in front of you with a big smile on his face. "What are you doing here..?" You asked as you went back to working "You said that you wanted to discuss.." he said after sipping some coffee "Well not now because I am working, and face to face is not an ideal option for me.." you said while taking a big breath "Well I was completely honest yesterday and you know that.." he said as he began eating "oh really? And what about the past three years.., where was that honesty Max.?"

You were staring at him straight in the eyes."I understand what you mean but I have changed Y/n.." he said and leaned closer to you. "You haven't changed Max, you are still selfish and jealous. You saw me with Charles and acted as if I am your toy. As if your name was written on me.." you said and sipped some of your coffee closing the laptop in front of you. You felt your finger on your face wiping some drops of coffee which was leaking close to your lips.

Charles' POV

I need to talk to her at some point. It might not be true it might be a coincidence. I was just entering the dining hall when I saw y/n sitting there with someone. Max? What is he doing there with her. Well now everything makes sense. I just pretended to be on my phone and walked to the other side of the room. I heard her greeting me when I walked past them but I decided not to talk to her. She went out with him yesterday when she said that she wanted to rest. And now they are eating breakfast together. What the actual fuck happened.

Your POV

You noticed Charles entering the room with the corner of your eye. Fuck why is max still here you thought to yourself and immediately pulled back. You tried to greet Charles but he didn't even pay attention to you. Something's off you can see it in his eyes. You saw that he had his phone with him and decided to text him.

Y/n
Hey goodmorning

Charlie
Morning

Y/n
Before you assume anything, I can explain

Charlie
Just leave it y/n

Y/n
It's not what you think

Charlie
Y/n I saw you two on the news. I recognised your hoodie. Understood enough things by myself

Y/n
These are only assumptions

Charlie

Y/n I know what I saw

Y/n
I have opened up to you about a lot of things and I told you that I am a trustworthy person. Can't you just let me explain and then make all the assumptions that you want.

Charlie
That stubbornness of yours

Y/n
Even if I want to have nothing to do with him, I am Christian Horner's daughter, it's in my genes.

Charlie
Fine

You quickly packed your things as Max was staring at you "What are you doing.." he asked as you stood up. "Work, it's quali day today. I should get to work at this point.." you said as you were all ready to go. "Can I come with you.." "No max we'll see each other at the garage.." you said and made your way to your suite. You changed clothes quickly, and put on your red bull t-shirt. You quickly put everything in your bag and texted Checo.

Y/n
Checooo, can you give me a lift?

Checo ✅
Yes sure , I am close the reception, are you ready?

Y/n
Thanks!
I'll be there in 5

You made sure that you got everything and quickly ran to the elevator. You walked through the corridor and found Checo by the reception desk "We are good to go.." you said happily and followed him to his car as he gave you a warm smile. He drove you two to the circuit. It was a very hot day but you wanted to do your best to to help both the team and the drivers today. You sat back on your chair and checked the statistics.

You were discussing with the rest of the crew about the tyres and what should you do for the pitstop strategy. It felt nice to be back. Your work was always so important to you. After planning everything you were ready to welcome the drivers and start the qualification procedure. Max ended up getting P2 and Checo P6. Ferrari did better by getting P1 and P3. You wanted to give an explanation to Charles but he was avoiding you every time. You wanted to text him but you heard someone talking behind you.

"Hey y/n the quali went good thanks for your instructions.." you looked up only to see Max."Yeah informing us about your tyre condition leads you to getting good places. No shit Sherlock.." you said mocking him. "We'll do amazing tomorrow, I am pretty sure.." he said and sat beside you. "Well I hope so.." you said and went back to work. "By the way y/n , I know that I shouldn't get involved but I saw Charles with another girl, his ex to be more specific.." Max said and looked at you "Max just mind your own business.." you said as you got up, packed your bag and decided to walk around the paddock.

You were greeting the other teams' engineers and you were checking up on everyone. And then you saw them. Photographers taking pics of Charles and his ex together. You wanted to walk past them without any interaction but you locked eyes with Charles and you could feel some tears forming in your eyes. You ran to the cafeteria's bathroom so that you could be alone. "How could he? I didn't do anything with Max. He kissed me and I immediately pulled away, I didn't want that kiss.." you thought to yourself.

You walked back to the redbull garage but you remembered that you didn't have a way to go back to the hotel since Checo had brought you there and since he was nowhere to be found. You saw Max checking some stats and took a big breath "Could you please drive me back to hotel , if you are ready to leave?.." you asked him nervously "of course y/n I was just checking the clips from the race.." he said and signed you to follow him. You walked behind him silently.

You sat at the passenger seat and took out your phone. "What are your plans until the end of the year..?" Max asked to break the ice "I mean, I would love to go back to England, missing my house currently.." you answered without even bothering to look at him. "Good choice, I am looking forward to going back to the Netherlands during the break.." he said

"I mean if we were in Europe it would be easy for me to visit England for 3-4 days but now we are changing continents for every race , plus the team needs me, even if my dad doesn't want to admit it.." you added "He believes in you y/n he wants you to continue his legacy, do you know that.." Max said and patted your shoulder
"My relationship with him has its ups and downs but it's fine.." you said and noticed that you were about to arrive at the hotel.

When you were there you quickly got off the car and ran to the elevator near the reception desk as its doors were about to close. "Close call.." you said as you passed the doors and you bumped into someone. You heard a familiar voice "Y/n is that you?.." you looked up only to see Pierre "Oh hello Pierre.." you said "I am sorry by the way I didn't mean to.." "It's fine, how have you been?.." he asked you and looked at you with a smile.

"I mean currently?, I don't know what Charles said to you, but everything is kinda fucked.." you said while sighing "I didn't really get to talk to him today I had to go to the circuit early, but we can discuss about it if you want. I am free for the rest of the afternoon.." he said "I mean just let me take a shower first and relax a little.." you said and you two exchanged numbers. You said bye to him as you reached your floor and you walked to your suite.

Hello my beloved people, how's everyone? My week was a bit weird because of school but yeah hoping that everything will get better. Do you think that Pierre is going to take y/n 's side?