9# ᴄʜʀɪꜱᴛᴍᴀꜱ ɴɪɢʜᴛ

Flashback

After Sunghoon left the house, he felt a surge of emotions overwhelming him. Tears began streaming down his cheeks, and he found it challenging to contain his emotions. So, he dialed Jay's number.

"Can I come over, please? I really need someone to talk to right now."

Jay opened the door, revealing a still crying Sunghoon in front of him. Without hesitation, he warmly embraced Sunghoon and brought him inside.

The two sat together on the couch, with Jay offering a comforting embrace to Sunghoon as they talked.

"Mind telling me what happened?"

Sunghoon appeared hesitant but then revealed, "I don't know what to do anymore. I keep hurting him, scaring him. I feel so bad."

"You're talking about Sunoo, aren't you?" Jay asked, to which Sunghoon nodded.

"You need to understand that nobody's perfect. Everyone makes mistakes. Don't blame yourself. Everything is new for him, too. But, you need to trust him so he can build up trust to you, too. I know you're afraid of losing him, but if you work on controlling your anger and jealousy, I'm sure Sunoo won't feel the need to run away."

Sunghoon listened intently, nodding as Jay continued. "You're right," Sunghoon admitted. "I should give him more freedom."

"Thank you, Jay. Thank you for being here for me," Sunghoon expressed his gratitude.

They embraced, finding solace in the shared moment of understanding and support.

End of flashback

Sunoo |

I immediately went to Sunghoon, and there was no doubt in my mind; I hugged him as tightly as I could. Sunghoon was a bit startled at first, but then he hugged me back.

"I'm so sorry... This is all my fault," I whispered, my voice filled with guilt.

But Sunghoon shook his head, and I could tell from his voice that he had indeed cried.

"No, don't be sorry. I promised you to change, but I didn't. I should be the one to apologize."

We remained in that embrace for a while, his quiet sobs the only sounds in the room.

When we finally separated and faced each other, I knew I had to say something to reassure him.

"I know you're afraid of me leaving, Sunghoon. But please don't be. I would never do that to you, so you shouldn't worry about it."

A small smile tugged at the corners of Sunghoon's lips, a rare sight after such a turbulent evening.

Sunghoon and I separated, and I gazed into his tired eyes. He sighed and softly asked, "Why are you still awake at such a late time?"

"I wanted to wait for you to come home. I didn't want to go to bed without talking to you," I mumbled.

Sunghoon nodded slightly, his guilt evident in his eyes. He began to apologize again, but I stopped him. "It's okay, I'm not mad. Let's just go to sleep, okay?"

✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧

It had been a month, and things between Sunghoon and me were surprisingly good. Sunghoon's jealousy seemed to have subsided, but there was one more problem: Sunghoon still wouldn't let me go out alone. He probably still thinks I'd just run away.