3 Y34R5 01D❥❣

At that age, was I even capable of thinking? Every human has a brain, but why couldn't mine work then?

Memories fade away, but wait? Do they really fade away or they just don't stick in the mind at the time?

© I REMEMBER ONE TIME:©

What a cozy Sunday flapping around some unknown cats, the giggle of Daniel's phobia shot into a path of naughtiness. "Let's cat all its whiskers, I want to know their feel. Truth be told, I haven't touched them at all."

When they were all quietened by my speech, indeed I felt like a champion.

A trusted friend of mine jumped to a quick conclusion." Let's steal grandma's paint and paint the cat all black. "

" oh, oh! What about we first glue the cat's paws on the ground so it won't move? But how are we going to do that?"

The plan was now valid. The time the cat falls into deep sleep, I would have to sneak to touch its paws gently to not wait it up.

Guess what happened next

My grandma came in, for us at the time it was an advantage that she was blind. What if she saw what we did to her cat? Imagine being in deep trouble. Mommy went to Durban for six months on her work diaspora.

🥺 OK, we didn't expect this to go out of hand but it did. I remember the morning sitting all alone around the round wooden class table, laying on black cold tiles, and instantly I remembered my Barbie pink mat. Doc Mistuffins's coloring book is above my head, and colored pencils are scattered in the grid of my mat. I made sure to not make any mess with them cause Grandma would not buy me any custard topper biscuits. I haven't heard any that week.

Due to the pouring rain visible from the window, making drops that vaporized through the window was a great atmosphere.

🧚‍♀️💕🧚‍♀️💕🧚‍♀️💕🧚‍♀️💕🧚‍♀️💕🧚‍♀️💕🧚‍♀️💕

Exciting! Barbie in the Pink Shoes is about to start. I made sure that I would be watching TV until it started, or else I was not going anywhere. Wait a minute. In Sabc 1, barbie in the Three Musketeers is about to start. When I get to school, I want to show everyone that I can dance belle, I bet they know nothing about it. But also when I grow up I want to be a musketeer. Hayaaa! Having my sword, and then we go places with Barbie and become best friends, ohh! What if I become Barbie? And I ride a unicorn. And what if its horn contains ice cream? I would it it all day. But I will not give Gavin because he refused to lend me his pink car. He is not even a girl. What is he doing with a pink car? What a fool.

OK, I will watch Barbie, Barbie in the Pink Shoes...

Wow!

"Grandma come, come, make it quick. Barbie in the pink shoes is about to start."

Grandma!! What was she doing in the kitchen when I told her that Barbie was about to start? She is going to make it boring! 🙎‍♀️ And why is she making noise? Doesn't she know that Barbie hates noise, she is going to make her run away. The other time? the TV went blank because of her. I don't want to get annoyed today. Please. Don't ruin my mood grandma.

Whoooo! It's starting. Why is Barbie on her bed, they said she would be dancing... But I want a bed like Barbie. I have to make it cause I am sure Mom can't afford it. Look, so beautiful.

The sun blasted out of the clouds when the rain ceased. I hated it. I hate it when it's too hot because I am going to sleep. I want to be done with coloring doc muffins by today, so by next week, Mom will have bought a new one.

"Knock! knock!" a small hand knock in which I was the only one in the room who noticed it. I rushed to open the door. Then I found Daniel in the morning.

"Hy Daniel, so early! Didn't you see that the rain is pouring?"

"But it has ceased." Truth be told, I didn't want anyone to visit because I wanted to watch Barbie without anyone disturbing me. I was just making random excuses. I had no choice but to invite him in.

"OK. Come in, join me in the sitting room, I am watching in the pink shoes which I have been telling you about at school. I will be dancing it at the school's end-of-the-year fair. You must come for practice, come and see." I tracked him in with his wrist in my hand as we went through the passage until we reached the sitting room:where the magic happened.

Grandma now heard the sound of crocs approaching her ear in the form of footsteps.

" Hai Sarah, whose footsteps are those?"

"It's just Daniel, he came to visit me so we could play,"

"No, Sarah the rain just poured outside. It's quite muddy. You are going to make yourself dirty within a blink of an eye.

" Grandma? But we just going to watch Barbie, we are not going anywhere. " why exaggerate over a bunch of cartoons and a boy? It's not like we are going to burn down the house

"OK but don't make a mess, I will be getting a tight nap, I have a little headache which seemed to disrupt the rest of my day, I will have a Panado pill and some water. When I wake up, I assure you that I will be better."

" Ok, grandma

Yeh! Freedom here I come! Grandma is gone, Granny is gone.

The moment we entered the sitting room the violet rays of the TV, flashed into our eyes. Thus all we can see is pink on the screen. Exactly what I like. Does Daniel like pink? I don't think he does, he's a boy after all.

"knock knock!" why? Who's that? What if it's Mom, I would have been in so much trouble had she come later. Let's see who the hell are you.

In my best hum yet barefoot. I left my visitor in the sitting room, paced on the tiles with excitement, and the slippery floor tripped my feet until I was hardly attached to the ground with my butt. My mood switched unexpectedly, but I'm not gonna cry in the presence of Daniel. Besides, it wasn't painful.

My hand was now on the door handle, opening the door and that's Floria. Goodness.
"Florida, where were you all this time."