Minty is Back

Our favorite little baseball player is back.

...Well, he's not so little anymore despite his physical attributes still growing as he was just short of his taller friend who was in Kazehaya high.

But now, he's in a different school for his own personal reasons. His life changed somewhat when it did so.

He was alone, he was a target from his own team since when he was in Kazehaya high, he beat the very team he's learning in now from the championship. That also meant his two friends weren't there for him during school hours.

And of course, the breakup.

The breakup made a huge factor in his life when he transferred over to Ohanamitsu to continue his education. It didn't take long but if only he knew this was who she was before.

If this was the true her and if she did that behind his back during their relationship.

But with this awful relationship crumbling, he saw a light in the tunnel that motivated him even more.

...

Y/n was heading to the baseball field, in order to get to his locker room, he'd have to pass by the audience in the stands that looked forward for Ohanamitsu to play the opening game of the season.

It didn't feel the same when he always had his girl... his ex come to soothe his nerves down on big games. It's just him and the game of baseball and of course his two best friends.

"Y/n!"

And speaking of best friends, a pair of them suddenly appears in front of them which left him smiling uncontrollably.

"Patrick... Kyler..." he hugs them both who were in their casual clothing, here to watch the game as he was glad they were here even in their off days.

"It's good to see you two again..."

"You grew!" Patrick smiled widely and pats his shoulder. "You're almost as tall as me!"

"Idiot, we were supposed to be the short kings together!"

He turns to his second friend named Kyler and clicks his tongue. "Sorry, man... Hate to be under six feet like you..."

"Wuh- Bitch..."

Everyone laughed together as they had a small talk of catching up. Short and sweet before the big question that Mahomes wanted to ask.

"Anyways... feeling better after... you know..."

Y/n figured what the pitcher wanted to ask. "Sakura? I managed to move on..."

"That's great! Who's the girl?"

"She's the pitcher for my team... At least that's how it is right now..."

"What the fuck? He got a girlfriend already?!"

"It's been a couple of months... Iku's a great girl..."

"Iku? Never heard of her..."

"Is she like a first year or something?

"Yeah..."

"..."

"..."

"...Pedo..." Both Kyler and Patrick said in unison, Y/n looked offended.

"You FUCKS!"

But they laughed together as his two best friends pats his back. "We know! As long as you're now dwelling over the past, it's okay..."

"Yeah... Why would she think that was-"

"Don't think about it... You got a game, right? Focus on that and show us how much you've improved..."