The day i found the memory

Yes, I'm aware Cody probably didn't forgive Duncan after the experience, but it's just for the fanfic 😚

When are you two coming over?"

I texted Duncan and Leshawna, we have been hanging out some time lately, we just need some time to vent to each other and just having some fun together. Usually, they don't stay at mine for so much time but today was different. I heard a notification from my phone, and I picked it up to check it, it was a text from Leshawna.

"We are on our way. we'll be there in any minute. Duncan just needs to focus on the road more!"

I read the last sentence as I heard some knocking on the door, it was Duncan and Leshawna. I went and opened the door and welcomed them, then we went up to my room and closed the door for more privacy, since I still live with my mum. 

We talked for around hour about some random stuff like that Duncan got a cat, we were really shocked that he would just get a cat out of nowhere, since he didn't seem like that type of guy.

"I thought like you would probably have gotten a rat with rabies or something!"

Leshawna and Duncan burst out laughing and I looked around my messy room in silence. Suddenly I spotted Noah vest laying under my sock drawer, it still had some blood on it since I haven't washed it since I took it home. I went and picked it up from the floor, it still smelled like him. I looked around quickly, no one noticed me. I held it tight as I slowly walked to my bed, suddenly Duncan spotted me walking with Noah's vest.

"isn't that Noah's?"

Duncan asked me with a slightly concerned face.

"didn't you tell everyone that you got rid of it? I mean I could understand if you kept it..."

Leshawna looked at me in a weird way, but I just Shaked my head and walked to my wardrobe. I put the vest on my top shelf and closed the wardrobe doors then I got back to Duncan and Leshawna.

 The silence in my room was endless, the only think we could hear was the tv downstairs that my mom turned on to watch the cooking show. I could feel my eyes tearing up because of all the thoughts about Noah, and I couldn't get the memory of finding Noah's dead body away, it just circulated around in my brain. I'm pretty sure they noticed me since Leshawna looked at me.

"Are you okay? You seem upset?"

The bubble popped. My eyes started to flood, Duncan tried to comfort me but I just ignored him.

"I-I think you should leave..."

I stuttered. I didn't even know what came out. I wanted them to stay. i felt safe around them, they made me think less about all the things i wanted out of my head.

"But Cody- "

Leshawna tried to get me to change my mind, it didn't work.

"Get out of my room!"

I covered my mouth as they stared at me in disbelief. Did I just shout at them? Told them to leave? My heart sank as I only had one thought. I hate myself.

I just sat there while looking at them walk out of my room, I felt the pain when they left. I deserved it.