A Morning in 221B

John scooted over the side of bed only to find the other side of the bed empty. He glanced at the watch, well he would have loved to wake up in Sherlock's arm and partake in the cuddle session but as he seemed his companion was already up and gone. He stretched his legs and sat up gingerly before making his way to the bathroom.

John cracked open the door and made his way to the kitchen. His legs still ache from the last night chase and the moments of passion after they were basking into a glow of adrenaline.

He tried to stifle a yawn as he made his way to the kitchen. He opened the fridge and ignored the pair of eyes that were staring right at him and took out the pack of milk.

He noticed a note sticking on his tea mug when he put the kettle on which read:

At Bart's. The experiment was time sensitive.

I love you, 

Sherlock xxx

Written in Sherlock's messy handwriting, John smiled.

John heard footsteps ascending towards the stairs. 

He pulled out Sherlock's mug and started preparing tea for both of them.

Sherlock directly made his way to the kitchen and wrapped his arm around his beloved blogger, "Good Morning."

John turned around into the embrace and put his head on Sherlock's shoulder, "Morning, love."

He felt Sherlock's hand coming up to cup his neck and a shy brush of lips on his head.  "And I love you, too," said John, looking at Sherlock, his lips curled up into a grin. 

Sherlock hummed and ducked down to kiss John. He caught John's lower lip between his lips, teasing.

The kettle whistled loudly and John chuckled as Sherlock moved away to shrug his coat off. He hung his coat on the peg and sat on the kitchen chair and watched John keenly as he made tea for both of them.

He loved watching John, his hair were still tousled from sleep and he was humming a low song which Sherlock didn't recognise, his feet were rhythmically tapping on the floor. John always enjoys making tea. And Sherlock always enjoys noting down small things about John, his flatmate, his blogger, his companion, his best friend, his love of life.

"What was the experiment? That pig one?" asked John, taking two freshly made cuppa off the counter.

Sherlock hummed in agreement, "Oh! Yes, that one. Molly was kind enough to let me put that pig in the morgue." 

John handed Sherlock his cup and slumped next to Sherlock on another chair.

"She's nice," said John, more to himself than anyone else, " But, there is one thing you're missing, Mr. Holmes."

Sherlock took a long sip of tea and gave himself a moment to enjoy the perfect tea made by John's hands before answering. His brows knitted together in a frown, "What that might be?"

"You're the detective here, deduce it," exaggerated John, siping his own tea.

"Is it a challenge?" questioned Sherlock.

"Well, let's just see it Mr.  One and Only Consulting Detective can read minds."

"I'm not a mind reader, John, I just observe things which incompetent idiots miss."

"You're brilliant, though," complimented John.

Sherlock's eyes crinkled at John's words, "So are you, my dear."

John reached out to take Sherlock's hand. Sherlock squeezed his hand lightly.

"Whoo-hoo, boys," they both heard Mrs. Hudson's chirping before she was in the kitchen in no time, with a plate of cookies. 

"I was making gingernut cookies and thought I'd just share some. I have heard that Sherlock loves those."

"Indeed, Mrs. Hudson," John smiled at their landlady.

"I see, someone has been spreading details," muttered Sherlock and John grinned at him.

"Tea parties, Sherlock," he shot back, "You can join us. Mrs. Hudson makes perfect tea."

"Not as perfect as you, though," winked Sherlock.

"Oh you two! Quit flirting, already!" chided Mrs. Hudson, good-natured. She put the plate of cookies on the cleared part of the kitchen table.

John thanked her as she excused herself by saying that Mrs. Turner was waiting for her.

"Hmmmm, gingernut cookies," mused Sherlock as he reached for them but John watched him and rolled his eyes as Sherlock made a noise of pleasure, "Have some. It's, mmmmm, tasty."

"I'd rather watch you instead."

"Your loss," shrugged Sherlock. 

John shook his head fondly, "Your tea is cold," he said as he stood up to put his and Sherlock's half empty mug into the sink.

It was when the last cookie was left, Sherlock spoke again, "Last chance, John. They are delicious."

John just chuckled and put his face on his elbows and stared at Sherlock, "You can have it, love."

"Or share it." said Sherlock.

John shook his head in no.

"Fine," said Sherlock. 

"You look adorable," said John, his eyes crinkling.

"Is that so, doc?"

"Yep. And I'd very much like to kiss you, right now."

"Who's to protest?"

"No one."

And John kissed him.

"Hmm, the cookies were tasty."

"Told you."

"Yea, come to bed?"

"Only fools argue with their doctors," grinned Sherlock.