The Beginning chapter 1

1...2...3....4....5...6...7....8...9.....10
Ready or not, here I come.

I bounced away from the wall in search of Kunbi. We were playing hide and seek for the fifth time that day and all through the rounds, I couldn't find Kunbi. He was just so good at the game as he was many other things.

I walked over to the children's sitting room, peeping over the chairs to see what's behind.

Nope! No Kunbi

I skipped to the dinning and looked under the table, then to the sitting room, and checked behind the heavy curtains.

still No sign of kunbi

After about 10 minutes of thorough search with no clue of where he was, I gave up and returned to the children's parlour and turned on the television to Disney channel.

I thought to myself the rat cannot hide forever! He will come out eventually

I watch as Tom chased Jerry into the kitchen and Jerry used a mouse trap to trap tom's tail. I laughed with all my heart forgetting all about Kunbi and the hide and seek I knew clearly I had lost.

Another 10 minutes had past before Kunbi finally came out.

"So you left me behind the fridge for 20 minutes huh?"

"You didn't want to be found " i huffed

"anyway, I still won" Kunbi announced victoriously

" whatever!!!" I rolled my eyes "Wait a minute? did you just say you were behind the fridge? " I asked shocked.

"Yeah!'

" I wonder why you didn't get shocked by electricity" I said mockingly.

Kunbi eyed me before he walked over and collapsed on the chair beside me pulling his toy gun which was lying on the carpet, closer to himself.
I stole a look at him from the corner of my eyes and looked away before he caught me looking at him.

Kunbi locked the gun in both his hands and pointed it at my head.

"Tell me you love me or I will shoot you"

I looked at him shocked at first, then I laughed "you better kill me."

"Pow pow" Kunbi faked gun shots with his mouth and I faked death as well.

After a few seconds, I got up slowly and pretended to be a zombie, chasing kunbi around the house until we were both exhausted.

"When will your mum be back?" I asked immediately we were back in the children's parlour.

" I don't know, maybe late at night because she told me her destination was quite far"

"Okay" I sighed "are you worried?"

" No" he shrugged "I am enjoying my stay with you" he smiled

I smiled back at him "me too"

That day we watched cartoons till we slept off on the soft cushion chair and kunbi's mum returned from her journey.

I watched with sleepy eyes as his mother came over and quietly woke him up.

She kissed my mum- her bestfriend, good night and took my own best friend away... "I will see you tomorrow" kunbi's mum said to my mum, who walked her to the front porch.

We were only 7 years of age then, but it seemed like forever.

As they walked out the front porch into the black SUV parked outside, I ran to the window and watched Kunbi climb into the car.

He looked carelessly at the house until he made out my face at the window. He held my gaze and I his, until the car was out of sight.

That night, as I laid on my bed, thoughts of Kunbi played over and over in my head like my favourite track. The hide and seek we played, the meal we shared together and all the little chatters we had earlier.

I had known Kunbi as far back as knowing my name, so I didn't exactly Remember how we met him. He had always been there like an older brother 
However, Kunbi was my best friend and we attended the same school.  There was something about the way we played that day that I knew he was the one, my special partner.

But What did I know about feelings?
We were just kids who were fond of each other right?

10 years had gone by now and I still don't know what I felt back then or what I really feel right now for him. All I know is no one makes me feel more alive than when i am with him..... Kunbi my first love.

This is my first chapter and I hope you enjoyed It. Thank you for reading.