Science fiction. The civilisation

It revolved around the main city square, with a very slow, but highly coordinated motion. It was an extraordinary manoeuvre accomplished by them in mid air because the size of the ship was bigger than 15 football fields. It was a world traveling in air, and right now this moving and technologically advanced world was moving in the sky right above our world.

And its exact location is the city where I live. The city is called FloatOn. And I have been watching this mid-air spectacle just like others for 30 minutes. All of us have moved out of our homes and are wondering whose spaceship could this be, and how can a civilisation be so advanced?

Like everyone else, I too have got no clue at all. But like a few in the crowd I am worried and considering all possible reasons that might have led them to our world. The 20th planet in the solar system that lies in the galaxy of HalioTron. My planet is a young planet and we call it, BlissEver.

Right now, every citizen of BlissEver is living under the shadow of this huge spaceship. And we are scared. Few children who like being naughty and remind me of my own younger days, are hurling pebbles at this metallic giant with their catapults. The pebbles rebound and fall back to the ground, as these kids squabble over claiming these magic pebbles that managed to hit the surface of this spaceship. Right now they are the only heroes among us, the grown up and terrified men and women. Although they are our children, they are more fearless and determined not to let BlissEver belong to someone else, no matter how powerful that civilisation might be.

And for some reason, these children have made up their minds to scare them away with pebbles and catapults. These children remind me of Napoleon Bonapart, because the bravery of these "naughty children '' is nothing short of his likeness, especially when it comes to their attitude.

Whereas for us, the adult men and women, we are caught between the wonder and preponderate feeling of fear. And it has crippled the foundation of our attitude.

The spaceship began descending as soon as many mini drones returned from somewhere and attached themselves with the spaceship. The ship changed its direction and moved towards a lake. A huge lake, and the only flat area that is larger than this spaceship. I suppose, the spaceship will land on the water surface of the lake.

And this will be another wonder. How can such a huge metal base stay afloat and not sink, and that too, when it is being constantly bombarded with pebbles by our child warriors. While I was still busy understanding the scientific and logical explanation for this water based landing, the spaceship gracefully rested on the water like a goose. And its weight dispersed a lot of lake water. So much that it created huge waves that flooded the roads and few homes that overlooked the lake.

Now the children, the naughty ones, felt extremely excited because they believed it was due to their constant shower of pebbles that the spaceship had crashed into the lake. It only meant they should collect more pebbles and pull the rubber strings of their catapults even harder. So that they could shoot the pebbles with more force. In this excitement, few of them put too much strain on the rubber strings, snapping them instantly. But the young comrades knotted them and managed somehow.

The metallic beast was unfazed by these stone showers. A spaceship that travels through the unforgiving space, these stones would have been like snowflakes teasing its durability and hardiness. While it smiled at these little children who wanted to be the rescuers of BlissEver. In particular FloatOn. And right now the metallic monster was floating in the lake, and the children believed they had managed to make the spaceship crash into the water.

After being there, floating in the lake, two shutter-like doors on its upper surface opened, and everyone was now curious to see what would emerge from the spaceship. The brave children, didn't stop shooting pebbles at it, but as if by some telepathic stimuli, all of them held their catapults and drew the rubber strings closer to their nose tips, holding their breaths, as their index fingers and thumbs tactfully held the pebbles placed within triangular leather straps, only to release the grip and unleash a shower of pebbles when someone emerged from the spaceship. I had never seen such a display of patience among children who were not older than 8 years. But at the same time I worried about them, because anything could happen. And if the occupants of the spaceship felt too agitated, they could launch a counter attack and target each one of them easily. Very easily!