Chapter 1

~3 years ago~

(Aurora P.O.V.)

We were in our Algebra class and I was sitting right next to him. I felt like I couldn't breath. Silas and I have never really gotten along but that was partially my fault because all along I've had crush on him.

I would never tell him that because im not about that life and i would die if he rejected me. So for now i guess we'll go on being enemies.

We were sitting there doing nothing so i decided to pull out a piece of gum and chew it and use the paper to throw it at him. I ball it up and check around the class to see if anyone was watching but the coast was clear.

He still had his head in the book trying to understand what he was doing. Then I pegged the paper ball at him and hurried to look like i didnt do it. He looked around the class then his eyes land on me. I continue my facade.

Until he opens his mouth "Aurora did you throw this at me" I look up at him a shake my head. He turns to his bestfriend Ashton and ask him the same thing. I couldn't help but burst out laughing which causes him to turn to me.

"I knew it was you Aurora" he says and throws it back at me but misses and that causes me to laugh harder. That causes him to knock my books off of desk. I stop laughing and look at him as if he just kicked my cat.

He too then stops laughing and gives me a look. We have a stare down until our teacher yells for us to stop and get back to work. I mumble a 'I hate you' and he mumbles a 'right back at you'.

Ever since then he's dated other girls and I've sat back and let him since I would never tell him that I like him and I'm pretty sure he hates me. Even though there are some days it shows that he might not.

~present day~

I get up and do my normal morning routine. I put on a black tribal flowing croptop showing off my toned belly. Then I grab some denim shorts and black flip flops. I put my bra strap lenth hair into a messy bun with a little hair falling out.

I put on mosturize my face then put on some mascara. I pack my bags for dance class after school and hurry downstairs to grab my keys to my white and black Mazda 3 then head out.

On my way there I realize that it now second semester of school and also the beginning of baseball season. I can't believe its been three years and ive still liked Silas. Him and Madison broke up second semester of freshman year and he's been single since.

I dont know why I haven't told him when I've had the chance to do multiple times in our p.e. class. I remember when I would always show off in class to impress him and find little ways to talk to him.

I laugh at everything I use to do back then to try and get his attention while parking my car. I get out the car and grab my books for class and meet my friends on the language hallway.

"Hey guys" I say to Janice and Anne. They both grunt causing me to laugh. "Girl I'm so ready for this junior year to be over with so we can be seniors" she says watching the people hurry to their destinations.

Janice nods in agreement "Yeah I'm so tired of this school. It's not like the stuff they teach us is actually gonna help us in life."

I laugh and agree, we continue to talk until their boyfriends walk up. I take that as my cue to leave for class since I'm the only single one in the group. On my way to class I see him walk through the doors with his friends.

He looks nice today with his black and grey baseball tee, black cargo shorts, and black vans. Our eyes meet for a quick second then we go our seperate ways.