| C H A P T E R - 1 |

ANASTASIA:

A shiver ran through me, making me hiss as the cold darkness surrounded me. The night was silent, painted with shadows.

Where am I?

Void gripping my hand, making me float in the middle of nowhere. Looking around I found water. Everywhere. Cold, dark and lonely, gripping me, choking me. Each second slipped away like sand escaping my grasp. I struggled to escape, desperate for freedom.

Where the heck am I?

In the emptiness, distant sounds crept through the silence. In the dark night, faint cries reached me, muffled and elusive. I didn't dare move, trapped by an invisible panic. It felt like reason was being strangled.

Suddenly, the abyss shifted, pulling me down like a weight through water, cutting my skin like thin ice. It began to drown me. I screamed, but only a few bubbles floated above.

Gasping, I found myself submerged, trapped beneath the water and darkness. The cold sea embraced me, suffocating me. Panic clawed at me as I sank into the depths, each breath becoming precious. Nothing to hold on to. No one to save me.

"No air," I gasped, water flooding my senses. I was trapped in the abyss, drowning. Will I die here?

Maybe. There seemed no way to escape this fate.

But I can't die here. Not like this. I have things to do. Justice to make and uncover the truth buried for years. I can't just die. What do I do?

I looked around, realizing this might be the end and I had to find a way to save myself.

Then, like a surge of adrenaline, I found the strength to search for an escape. Gathering everything that I had been left with, I pushed myself up. Through the shivering coldness of the water, I tried to move my hands and swim towards the light for the last time.

But shadowy hands bound me, pushing me deeper into the void, letting me drown...

I fought, with all that I had left, but the mysterious force overwhelmed me, almost choking me to death. No matter how hard I try, the void won't let me go. But I didn't give up. I tried and tried and tried until I was left with nothing but disappointment.

After a few minutes of the brutal struggle, my body finally gave up in the hands of the abyss. My body began to drown in the void of the depth of the sea.

I was dying. I could feel that, but there was nothing I could do about it. Tears mixed with water, and my cries were silenced, accepting my defeat. I let myself flow down. Towards death.

Amidst the murky water, the surroundings mirrored the darkest night sky. As I continued to descend, despair gripped me, urging me to scream. But my voice dissolved into bubbles.

Is this my end?

It must be.

With the rush of water, the last drop of my tears mingled with it. Slowly, my consciousness began to fade, the line between life and the unknown blurring. A thought invaded my mind - Will my fight be known in history or buried with my body?

The answer was unknown.

I closed my eyes, surrendering to the darkness. Falling, fading, spiralling into the abyss.

Into nothingness...

Suddenly, within the silent terror, a whisper broke through like a ray of hope. "Estrellita?"