Chapter 1

After a long day of school Sam obviously went home. For Already a week Sam had been hearing barks, from a dog coming from his shed. He wasn't really aloud to go into the shed because it is so old that the roof is going to collapse anytime soon. Sam never really listen to his parents, like all kids, putting themselves in a lot of danger without really noticing. So at night when everyone was asleep he searched for a flashlight quietly. Finally, he found one in his desk. Sam tiptoed down the stairs. As soon as he got to the front door he silently turned the lock to unlock it and then he opened the door it made a loud creaking sound that startled Sam but luckily no one woke up. Sam walked to the shed as his feet were dragging in the gravel. He opened the door, it made a loud creaking sound. He looked in. Then he saw big yellow eyes staring at him. "AAAAHHHH!", he screamed. He dropped his flashlight and ran to the front door. He was going to open it. But he stood on the porch and curiosity flooded him. He went back and he found the flashlight in the grass not to far from the shed. He opened the door and quickly flashed the light at the anonymous beast. It was a dog. Not just a dog. It was a dog so skinny that his whole skeleton was visible. The dog had a scar on his neck that was all around his neck and it looked like the shape of chains. The dog had several scratches, scars, and wounds. This dog used to be abused. Sam looked at the poor dog. What was he going to do? He can't just leave this dog.