Prologue

I need to run.

I need to run right now.

I sprinted through the lengthy hallway and out the thick steel door, seeing colorful posters and checkered walls blurred by me.

I never turned back. Not once. I couldn't.

I was almost out.

The brightness of daylight was visible through the framed glass double-doors.

Not once losing my footing, the hallway started to expand. I was getting further and further from the exit. My life.

I somehow ran faster, but the hallway was growing and growing. My panting was getting heavier and heavier. I could hear my heartbeat thump in my ears and fear overcome my mind.

I couldn't turn back. I had to keep trying. Especially after what I saw.

I heard a sadistic laugh coming from behind. Did I dare turn back? Did I dare see the sight I had earlier encountered?

I slowed my running, but never stopped. I turned my head to just barely look over my shoulder. There it was again. I stopped completely and faced the encounter. He stood up from his lurking position and walked toward me. I could only see the dark silhouette slowly advancing. I stayed put, never breathing once. I was frozen in fear.

The silhouette started its sadistic laugh again, however this time, I could see the white of his eyes and teeth.

I blacked out before he could get to me.

You woke up to your blaring alarm, drenched in your own sweat with blanket marks and a sore body. You groaned and sat up, slapping your hand in the direction of the noise, eventually finding the snooze button. You turned on your lamp and closed your eyes, only gradually letting the light in. The time read '6:31 A.M.'.

You arose from your comfortable bed and started your normal morning routine. You brushed your teeth, ate breakfast, got a shower, and got ready for the day. You threw on your normal professional attire and decided to wear some makeup (or not).

You had just gotten a new job a few weeks ago. You work as a forensic psychologist and crime scene investigator in Utah. This morning was special because you have your first crime scene to go to; Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, a place where fantasy and fun come to life.

You drove to the crime scene and entered the parking lot. You didn't live too far from the place and it made for an easy drive. There were cameras and reporters standing behind the yellow crime scene tape, talking loudly over each other.

You stepped out of your car as a police officer escorted you to the crime scene and lifted the yellow tape. In hand, you had a paper tablet - along with a pen - and a photo camera.

"Good morning, Ms. L/N." Gonzalez greeted.

You smiled softly, "Morning, Mr. Gonzalez."

He signaled for you to follow him, and so you did.

You entered the pizzeria's double-doors. They looked oddly familiar from your dream last night.

Mr. Gonzalez handed you a newspaper, with a bold headline that read "Five Children Missing From Local Pizzeria".

"There are five children missing from this place," Gonzalez started, "They were reported at about 2:30 P.M. just yesterday."

You nodded and quickly skimmed through the large margins on the paper. Next to each margin was a photo of a child with a great description of the kids.