"pinky promise"

he promised.

how can those innocent eyes ever do something so heart wrenching like this. the memory is still so vivid in my mind, as if i was just reliving that moment right this instant.

----------------------------------------------------------

interlocked fingers in between his left and my right hand. the mid-season cherry blossom made the secrecy just picture perfect. hanging around with him simply made time past way faster.

we walked along the trail of the park and found a bench. the weather was a bit chilly, but i didn't bring my jacket. the one and only day i don't wear my jacket it has to be freezing. the cold breeze went from my neck to down my spine making me give off an almost shivering exhale. he immediately noticed and offered up his brown oversized hoodie. i gave him a confused look as i gently placed his hoodie onto my lap. he looked like he was as cold as me, or even worse.

"you sure you dont want it" i tried offering his own hoodie back to him

but he simply stated, "as long as your comfortable, im comfortable. so no"

we both smiled at each other and laughed it off. i leaned against his shoulder, then right away his arm went on mine. i found comfort in him. he was my safe space, my best friend, my other me. as i was about to daze off, suddenly he started.

"you know that if anything happens i will still be there for you. pinky promise." he told me in a soft tone.

he looked so genuine and just so happy. i hope he knew that he was lighting up my tiny inner child me spiritsup right now.

"you swear?" i said in a more unsure tone.

"pinky promise."