| C H A P T E R - 14 |

ANASTASIA:

It's been two days since Lorenzo's bike went up in flames, and he's been MIA. Most students believe Oliver's gang burned it to punish him and assert their dominance. Everyone knows Lorenzo was deeply attached to his bike.

But here's the kicker: If Lorenzo's really with Mia, why would she want him kneeling down and getting punished? Isn't she the one who showed concern and stuck with him all along?

Curiosity brewed in my mind like a storm. What's Lorenzo's story? What led him to entangle himself with such a dubious gang? Is he truly one of them, or just...

I don't know. I sighed.

The more I think about it, the more I want to uncover Lorenzo's real story. I can see he wasn't really into Mia, but he didn't leave her either. Numerous rumours circulate on campus, and I can't help but feel drawn to uncover them. There's a tangled web of curiosity nudging me to reveal what's beneath his cool, tough exterior.

Something worth exploring.

Mia and her friends seem determined to unveil and break what's hidden in Lorenzo's mysterious exterior, just for her to be with him. I can't help but worry about him, especially after seeing his lost face that day. He was hurt, maybe embarrassed.

I hope he's okay.

One thing is clear: Oliver and his gang are connected to the Falcon Group. Now, we just need evidence. But my thoughts also drift to another mystery – Aurora Romano. As I tried to gather more information from the internet about her, as suggested by Nandini, I realized that the articles I found were unhelpful, laden with only the information local reporters had provided.

Made-ups.

Aurora, a former student of Preston, met a tragic end near Edenfell Forest. She was an orphan under the care of the Simpsons, and her involvement in illegal activities, suspected by the police, raised questions about the impact of her family situation on her life. The discovery of her naked, mutilated body sent shockwaves through the town, leaving the circumstances of her demise shrouded in mystery. 

"In the post-mortem report, we have identified the presence of drugs in her system, along with traces indicating recent sexual activity. Unfortunately, it's not uncommon to see such behaviour in young individuals today. They can be impulsive and make irrational decisions. It's a tragic situation, especially for someone as young as her," Chief Hampton from BPD stated.

Chief Hampton's statement ignited a surge of anger within me. How could he make such accusations without concrete evidence? It felt unjust, diverting attention from the real investigation. Determined to uncover the truth, I delved into research on Aurora, losing track of time.

Link after link, article after article, I immersed myself in the study of Aurora Romano. Lost in my pursuit, I lost track of time.

BEEP BEEP

Suddenly, my alarm interrupted, signalling dinner and a much-needed break. Reluctantly leaving my desk, I vowed to resume the investigation after dinner.

****

Immersed in the haunting melodies of my favourite jazz tunes, I surrendered to the classic allure—a perfect accompaniment to the tempestuous weather outside. Gloomy and cloudy. Shedding the weight of the day, I undressed, the night's cold air caressing my bare skin, a prelude to the warmth and solace awaiting me in the bath.

Finally, a respite from the day's turmoil had arrived. The intention was clear—no work, just relaxation. I had summoned Robert to prepare my dinner in the next half-hour, my appetite stoked by his promise of my favourite dessert.