PROLOGUE | OFFICIAL REWRITE

The atmosphere changed, although nobody had moved since the discovery of the trained killers' true identity. King's eyes locked with Alex's cold ones, they felt empty. Dead almost.

"Congratulations, you figured it out," Alex spoke, and their voice held a tone of sarcasm. "Should we catch up?" They mocked, kicking King off of them.

Mave still held Jessie against the wall, "Who sent you?"

"You led us to you," Alex replied, speaking for Jessie, who still had not spoken anything. "You wanted to team up, which led us right to you. Made the job easier."

A dry laugh came from King, "Oh yeah? You wanna kill me?" King taunted, grabbing his gun and tossing it to Alex, "Go ahead. Kill me." He spoke.

Alex grabbed the gun, pointing it right at King's head, the other leaned over, his forehead now pressed right against the barrel. The pair stayed that way for a moment before King reached over and swiped off Alex's mask.

The other was no longer focused on killing King and was now rushing to cover their face. Although it was too late, King had already seen the face of his use to be lover.

Alex no longer held the long honey-colored hair, it was now cut to their shoulders and dyed a pitch black, which made their cold blue eyes pop. Their face held a new scar above their eyes, that went through their eyebrow, Alex's face was sharper, and their cheekbones were more visible than before, giving their face a more strong look. Alex looked like they were a killer. Literally.

"What the fuck."

The statement made Mave turn to see Alex's face for the first time in years. As he was distracted, Jessie pushed the other back and held up his gun to Maverick. "We are here to finish this job," Jessie spoke.

The statement made Mave tilt his head, "How are you going to kill me when the safety is on?" He asked, making the other pull his gun back to look at the switch. Once his attention was off Maverick, the other pushed Jessie back against the wall and yanked the gun out of his hand.

"You wouldn't dare hurt the people you love," Alex spoke, almost taunting Maverick.

King laughed at the statement. "Neither would you."

The statement caused anger to fill Alex's face before they aimed the gun back at King. "I don't love you anymore."

The sound of a shot went off and King crumbled to the ground. Mave took the gun and hit Jessie over the head knocking out the male, before pointing the gun at Alex and shooting them in the leg. It made them drop the gun, fall to the ground, and tend to the new wound.

King groaned, holding his side. "You fucking shot me!" He yelled out.

"You fucking left me!" Alex replied, holding their leg.

With Alex disarmed, Mave had snuck over, behind the male's back, and hit them in the head with his gun, knocking out them as well.

He rushed over to King, to check the damage, "I'm okay, they just barely got my side."

"Head home, I'll get this cleared up and meet you there," Mave spoke, helping the other up and steadying him.

"Are you taking them with us?" He asked, motioning over to the unconscious pair.

Mave nodded his head and led King to the door, "You worry about yourself, I can handle these two." He explained, letting go of King, who nodded and headed to their car.

"How will you get home?" King asked.

"I'm a Maverick, baby, I got this." He joked, closing the door and heading back down to the two unconscious pair. He grabbed a first aid kit from the bathroom as he passed it.

Once he made it back down to them, he tore off Alex's pant leg, revealing a mess of blood. He wiped it down and applied pressure to the wound, he grabbed some cotton pads, twisted the end, and shoved it into the bullet hole to slow the bleeding.

When it appeared the blood was slowed down enough, he wrapped the wound and threw Alex over his shoulder. He patted down Jessie's body, finding some car keys. He guessed right, assuming that Jessie would be the one driving, as he always bragged about being the best driver.

He carried Alex out and clicked the button in the car until he was able to hear the beep sound and followed it to a black car. He opened the back door, laid Alex down, and raised their legs above their heart.

Once satisfied with the position, he went back in, down the hall to Jessie, and picked him up with ease, carrying the male out and placing him in the passenger seat. He clicked on the seat belt and went to the driver's side. He got into the vehicle, started the car up, put on his seat belt, and began driving them to the gang's safe house.

Once he made it back, he was greeted by a nurse and two guards. He told them of the situation, the nurse nodded her head. "Okay, sir. We need to get him-" "Them." "Them settled right away to check the damage. Guards if you will." She smiled, as the pair went and grabbed the unconscious two.

"How's King?" Mave asked as they all walked to the house. The guards in front, as Mave walked beside the small nurse.

She smiled, "He's doing well, surprisingly the bullet didn't hit anything vital. He didn't lose much blood, so we got him stitched up, bandaged, and resting in his room."

"Good. I'll leave you to these two, make sure to restrain them and inform me of any updates." Maverick said, before turning down a different hallway, an object clutched in his hand, as he headed up the stairway and to the main bedroom. He walked in and saw King sleeping in his bed.

He went over, beside the male, and lightly tapped the male until his eyes fluttered open. "You're back?" He asked, his voice crackling a bit, as he blinked himself awake and sat up slowly.

"Yeah, I got the nurse and doc to look after Alex and Jessie." Mave explained, sitting towards King, "But I have something that could help us track who sent those two after us."

"What is it?" King asked, making Mave hold his hand up, showing off the object.

In his hand, he held Alex's burner phone.