CHAPTER ONE

It was a cold night in the city of Tokyo. The cars drove in the busy streets as the drops of the heavy rain hit the ground.

A black car stopped at a three story home. A black-haired boy got out of the car and ran to the shade, which was the front porch of the house. Just as he was looking through the window of the house, a woman's voice called out to him.

"Yoshito! Don't just stand there and help me with the luggage!" He turned around to find his sister, Yukiro, calling for him. He sighed and ran there to help her with the luggages.

After they got all of their things in the house, another woman walked through the door. "Why didn't you tell me that you were coming today! I could've cleaned this place by then!" She whines as she hung her coat on the hanger.

"When did you think we were coming?" Yukiro asked her. "Tomorrow!" She says.

She was their aunt, Akaishi. "Oh well, where're we gonna sleep at?" Yoshito asked. "Oh you can sleep, it's just that the rooms aren't arranged!" Akaishi says.

"We can do the arrangements tomorrow! I just want some sleep right now!" Yukiro yawns as she said.

They all decide on doing the proper arrangements tomorrow and go to sleep for the night.

The next morning, they got themselves refreshed and got to arranging.

It took about three days as they got their rooms repainted and they bought things like fairy lights to decorate the rooms. Akaishi just bought everything since she had the money.

Once they were done, they sat in the living room to get things discussed.

"So I'm pretty sure that Yukiro would have to go and get a job and Yoshito would have to go to school anytime soon." Akaishi mentioned.

"Can I start going to school when they start the next semester? I don't wanna deal with exams.." Yoshito said. "Oh, that's okay! You need some time to get used to the new environment anyways!" Akaishi reassured him.

"No fair! I wanna get a job when he starts going to school!" Yukiro argued. "Okay, okay...but don't you need the experience?" Their aunt asks Yukiro.

"But I don't wanna..." Yukiro whined. "At least you don't have to go to school!" Yoshito said.

"School isn't that bad..." Yukiro tells him. "It might be draining but you get friends and you don't have to pay taxes."

Yoshito looks at his sister. "I graduate in two years..." He mumbles loud enough for her to hear. "Good for you.." Yukiro gives him a thumbs up.

Akaishi sighs. "We're taking your measurements for school tomorrow and you're gonna start going to school in two weeks. So be ready okay?" She says as she stood up from the couch as heads to her room.

A few minutes later, Yukiro also goes to her room, leaving Yoshito with his thoughts.

'I wonder how long I'll be staying here.."

He then goes to his room and hops on to his bed, falling asleep soon after.

A few hours later, Yoshito would've been woken from his slumber by his sister, who was calling him as it was time for dinner. Yoshito would brush his teeth and go downstairs and eat his portion of the dinner.

After that, he would go back upstairs to sleep once again but would find it hard to sleep.

On the other hand, Yukiro would turn on the fairy lights and fall into a deep sleep with no difficulty at all.

While their aunt, Akaishi was doing the things needed to be done for her job on her laptop and would go to sleep at around 4:30 in the morning.

The next morning, Yoshito would wake up first at around 8:30 in the morning. He was quite surprised that he woke up at that time as he would normally wake up at around 12 PM.

He got refreshed and walked down stairs and made a peanut butter jelly sandwich, poured some orange juice and scrolled through his phone while eating it.

Just when he got finished, his sister had walked into the kitchen.

"Is there anything for breakfast?" She asked.

"There should be some peanut butter and jelly in the cabinet...there's also some orange juice in the fridge." He said lazily.

"Kay."

And with that, they ended their little conversation and Yoshito went upstairs to his room.

He looked out the window to see the weather.

There were signs of previous heavy rains as there were puddles and plants that were obviously wet.

"Autumn's close isn't it.." He murmured softly before closing the black curtains and hopping on the bed.

A few hours pass by as Yoshito scrolls through social media, that is untill Akaishi knocks on the door.

"Hey, you in there?" She asks from the other side of the door.

"Yeah!" Yoshito answers as he puts his phone face down on his bed.

Akaishi opens the door. "Would you mind getting ready in a few hours? We have to take your measurements for school."

"Sure. When do I have to get ready for?" He asks.

"2:30, make sure you're ready okay?" Akaishi says as she slowly closes the door to his room.

He sighs and looks at the time on his phone. 1:15, he puts his phone down and goes to take a simple shower before getting ready.

2:30, and Akaishi was downstairs at the front door. Yoshito went up to her, he was wearing dark baggy jeans that sort of matched his the black hoodie that he was wearing. The whole fit just matched his short, wavy but fluffy hair.

"What're we gonna do with her?" Yoshito asks while pointing at his sister.

"I can be responsible enough to look after a house okay?!" She shouted.

Akaishi sighs and leads Yoshito to the car. Soon enough, they arrive at the place. They quickly get the measurements but on their way back home, they witness an old lady getting robbed.

The theif snatched her bag from the poor lady and ran away. Yoshito was stunned and just stood there, not knowing what to do in that situation.

He had never actually witnessed someone getting robbed. He wanted to go after the guy but something stopped him.

Luckily, there was a police officer nearby so he was getting chased. Yoshito let out a breath he didn't know that he was holding. Akaishi looks at him with a reassuring smile.

"The police will get him, let's go home now shall we? We could go get ice cream for both of you."

"But I want ice cream for myself!" He whined.

"We should get ice cream for your sister as well, or else it's going to be unfair." Akaishi says.

"She's too fat for ice cream." Yoshito suddenly said that resulted in him getting a hit on the head.

"Ow.."

They got ice cream anyways. For both of the siblings of course.

------------------