0.08

"Do we really have to go Max. Nobody even bothered to inform , I had plans for tonight.." you said to him "You can cancel your 'plans' for once y/n, it's a team event anyways.." Max said but you just rolled your eyes. "Oh yeah aren't you kidnapping me or something. And before you reply this was a rhetorical question.." you said. You pulled off your phone to text Charles

Y/n
Crew members dinner but they informed me late , I won't be able to make it tonight

Charlie
That's unfortunate!
We are just like Romeo and Juliet and our families (teams) are keeping us apart

Y/n
Say less
I am sorry Charlie
I really am sorry
I wanted to spent more time with you before my extended break

Charlie
It's okay. Will I see you tomorrow at least?

Y/n
I'll make it work , thanks for being so understanding

Charlie
No worries, have fun tonight

Max drove you to a big mansion which also worked as an event host. Seeing everybody gathered there was so nice since you weren't wearing work clothes. You sat beside some engineers and started talking to them. Waiters were offering you champagne and other expensive drinks. After some time your dad stood in front of everyone "I'd like to make a toast. This year we were once again blessed to have two hardworking drivers in our team, which led to one of them winning the championship.."

Everyone clapped for Max, who was standing behind you. "We have been through a lot , it was a difficult year with a lot of up and downs. But I'm happy to say that we made it. I am also delighted to say that my daughter, y/n Horner is a member of our hardwork. But we'll be saying bye to her until the start of the new season. It'll be a temporary absence because as a dad I understand that kids can go through a lot even if they are not really kids anymore. I am really thankful for every member of this team , and I hope that we can repeat this the following years. Cheers.." he said as he took a sip from his glass of wine. You sipped some of your champagne as well.

You didn't realise that you were quite drunk and you kept talking to the other people. Max's eyes were scanning you from the other side of the room. He then made his way to you and sat beside you. "Y/n could we possibly talk.." he asked. "S-Sure Max.." you answered inbetween some hiccups. He held your hand and pulled you to the balcony. "What's up.." you asked as you looked around feeling a bit lost. "You look beautiful tonight.." he managed to say

"Oh don't be ridiculous, I look good everyday.." you said and smiled. "Can't even a take a compliment.." he said standing in front of you. You had to look up in order to face him properly since Max is way taller than you. "Fine then , thank you Max..". Your eyes were focused on his but you decided to look around. Out of sudden he pulled you close to him, placed his hand on your back and made you lean on it just like some dance poses. He leaned on you as well and placed his lips on yours. You were trapped in his arms. "I wanted to get this before you leave for England . I know that it feels wrong. And I know that you are not leaving forever. I am sorry.." he said as he let you go.

You didn't know how to react. Being drunk and talking about feelings is difficult. You didn't say anything to him , you just walked back to the party , pretending that nothing happened. You drank more, to the point that you needed to support yourself on someone. Max went back to the calm corner he was sitting before , checking up on you every now and then. After some time it was finally time for everyone to go back to the hotel. Max came close and held your hand. "Y/n , let's go.." he said , helping you maintain your balance.