| C H A P T E R - 21 |

ANASTASIA:

I felt like a secret agent on a hidden mission. Lara and I moved stealthily, each step careful and planned as we entered the parking lot. The best parking spaces were taken by Mia, Oliver, and Tony, creating a close-knit group. We followed closely behind their car, resembling a shadowy entourage.

Maybe we should start with the suspect itself.

My latest trip to Dakota's home provided important information.

First, I explored the detailed history of Aurora. We discovered that Jackson and Aurora had a close friendship, but tragically, Jackson faced a similar fate shortly after Aurora's death. The investigations into both cases were closed due to a lack of evidence, leaving us with unresolved mysteries. Additionally, I found information about Aurora's missing brother, who remains absent from the case. Finally, there was the mysterious red Mercedes—a significant element in this puzzling mystery.

We have to find the car anyway.

But there is also the other side of the fact that I cannot forget.

David had explicitly stated that no vehicle was registered under the provided number. The possibility of an altered number plate lingered, a common tactic among those attempting to evade detection.

Furthermore, David had started the mission of getting information from Dakota's phone. The data he will gather is likely to be a valuable asset in our quest for the truth. While Lara and I go on our little mission.

"Have you seen any red Mercedes yet?" I whispered to Lara, keeping my voice low as I inspected the parked vehicles.

"Not yet. You?" Lara replied quietly, her eyes scanning from one car to another.

Getting the keys from the valet, Rony was easy, thanks to Lara's charm and Rony's massive crush on her. Lara claimed it was her game, to play the most forbidden one. So here she is, enjoying her play with me.

As the students went about their daily routines, we began our mission to find the elusive red Mercedes. Rony even helped by temporarily disabling the cameras, making sure our search wouldn't be recorded.

"Thanks, Rony," Lara expressed her gratitude.

Rony responded with a grin that could rival that of a fool in love, saying, "It's no problem at all."

In a hushed tone, I couldn't help but inquire, "How do you flirt so effortlessly?" My mind involuntarily shifted to thoughts of Lorenzo, who shared the same charismatic ease.

To my surprise, Lara responded with a tinge of broken humour, "My name's already stained. If that helps anyone, I wouldn't mind."

It struck me that there was something she had been concealing, and I felt a willingness to wait until she felt ready to share it with me.

I wore a simple yellow sundress today while Lara, the rebel girl, wore a black leather skirt paired with his boots. Both of our hair was loose, somewhat hiding our faces.

Amid the bustling college atmosphere, the quest for the mysterious red Mercedes presented its fair share of challenges. Doubt began to creep into our expressions as we scoured the parking lot.

But my mind flashed back to David's office where Betty had confessed the truth! They were dating. And thinking about it makes me smile. I haven't thought much about Lorenzo since our last encounter, but still, deep down inside me, I wanted to have one glance at him. I wanted to apologise for how I ignored him for the last time. Hurt him.

There are so many things to sort between us. And I don't know how am I going to do everything at all. I remember the hurt in his eyes when he walked out of the library that day. His handsome face had a tinge of worry and sadness.