A letter

I want to tell them about you, about that moment when you stole my heart from my chest. It was a bright morning, and we were working together. I was in unexpected pain, but I kept it inside, not wanting to draw attention to myself. I saw you look back at me, and when you looked into my eyes, you saw my struggle. I forced out a smile, but you saw through it. You asked, "sup, are you fine?" I couldn't help but open up and say, "No, I'm not fine." That's when my heart left my chest, because it open up and open to the idea of you and it loved you until loving you became too much, ruining everything between us. It shattered me for a moment, but I couldn't let you go, even though my heart ached to be loved in return. I had to learn to love you from afar because unloving you was never an option. My messy heart messed things up, but I will always love you, the boy from the field. It hurts sometimes to think about you. I want the pain to stop, but I'm afraid I will feel empty without it, but you're both the cause and the cure. Every time I look, it breaks my heart, wondering what you're thinking. I catch myself thinking for you in my head a lot of time, what a mess. Whenever you say you're okay, I want to ask if you're really okay or if you're lying to us. Yes, I know there's no "us," but I still want to know. I always break my promise to myself about not caring too much about you. I want to blame you for making me feel this way, but you have no idea how much I blame myself.

                        Yours Eccentricity
              The girl at the green field.