Ch 1

March 23, 1992

8:45 p.m.

Dimmsdale, California

It was quite late when he entered the Emergency Room. Waving hello to the on duty nurse and Ken the night watchman, he entered the long corridor leading to the main building. It was customary to see him here at this odd hour of the night, so no one thought it strange. It was all going according to plan. He headed straight to the West Elevators and pressed the button to the fifth floor. If anyone looked closely they would see he was very nervous. Perspiration beaded on his forehead slightly. He had been waiting 6 years for this moment. And finally it was here. This was it. The moment he planned so meticulously for 6 years.

Everything was all going according to plan. The elevator doors opened to the lobby of the fourth floor. It was brightly lit and very cozy. Not very surprising, there were people sitting and waiting. But he walked on. He was greeted by Dorothy, the On Duty Nurse for this floor.

She smiled, "Doctor Brown, this is beginning to become a habit. People are going to start talking."

She was referring to his frequent visits. His excuse was he needed a break from the lab, somewhere to clear his head. The truth was he was waiting. He stopped as he often did in front of the huge glass windows to peer inside. There were several additions, he noticed. 'Great Scott! They were all girls!' Doc Brown and stopped and began to fathom the enormity of this... this... 'Great Scott!' He added to himself as a tiny basket was being wheeled in by another nurse. The little blue card read: Baby Boy Turner. 'There he is!' Doc thought as he peered into the tiny basket and smiled.

'Hi Timmy!' Doc thought. The baby lay undisturbed sleeping soundly. Doc's great nephew and the future 'Chosen One' was only a few hours old. He had done this before with Marty and Annie but now, here he was, doing it....with his own flesh and blood. Content to just look at the baby, he never dreamed to see the nurse wave him inside. But there she was opening the door for him.

"Doctor Brown. Is this a friend of yours?" Julie asked.

"Uh, actually, he's my great nephew." He replied not believing his luck.

"Well, come in and say hello." Doc stepped awkwardly into the nursery and sat in the chair nearby.

Julie carefully lifted Timmy out of the basket and into Doc's trembling arms. "Now don't be nervous, Doctor Brown. He needs to be fed, would you like to feed him?"

"Sure." He said as held his great nephew close, careful not to squeeze too tightly.

'Timmy!' Doc thought as the baby was now awake from being handled and was staring at Doc silently. The bottle was handed to him and Doc gave it to the baby who fed from it. Julie left and Doc was finally alone with Timmy.

"Oh, Timmy, I have so much to tell you!" He said as Timmy ate. "When I left the Drive in, I went to right to work on the capacitor prototype. It still needs some work, electrical mostly, but Marty and Annie helped along and it worked perfectly. Soon, you'll be meeting me for the first time in a few years." The baby was a good listener so Doc kept going. "I've been watching your parents, Timmy. Everything is going to plan! Soon, you'll be getting Cosmo and Wanda!" The baby hicuped in response and let the nipple fall from his mouth. Still watching Doc, Timmy smiled. Doc smiled broadly still disbelieving his wild luck. "I've missed you so much...son."

Tears were glistening in his eyes now. He couldn't believe it. Doctor "Doc" Emmett Brown finally admitted that he could also love Timothy "Timmy" Tiberius Turner like a son. He admitted to Marty and Annie but in the same way, which was weird to Doc. But, he couldn't care less. As far as anyone was concerned, Timmy was Doc's son.

...

"Uncle Emmett?"

The boy was standing right there in front of him. Emmett snapped out of his reverie. Emmett had just saved Timmy from Vicky and the two were planning to return to 1986. This adventure was going to be the first in many that he and Timmy were going to have together, the scientist knew.

Emmett offered, "You can just call me 'Doc'."

Timmy shook his head and responded, "Nah. I'll just call you Uncle Emmett....for now."

Emmett nodded in total respect of that as he took the small boy's hand and the two of them left.

...

Wishmaker1028: Please read and review! And always think outside of the box!