Chapter 6

Bridget placed Poppy's cage onto a table, just as she was about to leave, a pile of pots, pans, and dishes suddenly fell on her.

Chef: Scullery maid! Idget, wash these pots and pans for Trollstice. The king's inviting everyone. Except you.

Those words broke Bridget's heart, not being able to go to Trollstice with the king. Why did that bother her? If you got a glimpse of her bedroom, which is unfortunately the basement of the castle, you'd understand.

 Why did that bother her? If you got a glimpse of her bedroom, which is unfortunately the basement of the castle, you'd understand

That's right, Bridget was in love with King Gristle. The other trolls, who were hiding nearby, couldn't help but feel sorry for her, she was really unhappy.

I've been alone with you
Inside my mind
And in my dreams I've kissed your lips
A thousand times
I sometimes see you
Pass outside my door

Hello!
Is it me you're looking for?
I can see it in your eyes
I can see it in your smile
You're all I've ever wanted
And my arms are open wide
'Cause you know just what to say
And you know just what to do
And I want to tell you so much
I love you

There were many mixed emotions, but for Branch? When Bridget fell asleep, all he saw was an opportunity to get Poppy out. Through his eyes, you've seen one Bergen, you've seen them all. Branch used his hair to climb to the table where Poppy was.

Branch: Psst, Poppy.

Poppy's eyes slowly fluttered open, when she saw who was in front of her, she gasped and ran to him holding onto the bars of the cage.

Poppy: Branch! You came for me!

Branch: Shhhh! Let's get you outta here.

Branch began to pick the lock with a pair of scissors, they were bent by the time he finally got it. When he opened the cage door, Poppy immediately threw her arms around him, showing her gratitude towards him.

Poppy: Oh Branchie...! I knew you would come.

! I knew you would come