The Guiding Philosophies of Atlantis

In the best interest of the spirits, the minds and the souls of men, the people of Atlantis do hereby form this land to better the lives of all men. The absolute rights of men will be combined with community and others of like minds.

  I.            The ultimate right of men is their individuality. All men have the right to ego, the self. They have the right to say “I”, “mine” and “me”. This can never be taken away.

 II.            All men are born with the right to pursue their own happiness, their own dreams and their own follies. The outcomes of these pursuits are what men make of them and not the government’s business.

III.            All men are born with the right to their own life and the choices in it. They are responsible for themselves and themselves only.

IV.            All men are born with the right to their liberty. They cannot and will not be lead to think otherwise.

V.            The unalienable rights of men are given to them at their birth by the Creator, not the government. The government does not and cannot do any more than that.

VI.            Each community of Atlantis has the right of having their own social influences within it, not the government. A community is not solely defined as a city. A community can be a small town, neighbors or even a group of friends.

VII.            Any civic duties and values should not be promoted by the government. The more a government promotes, the less capable men are to pursue their own civic duties amongst communities and other individual men.

VIII.            The civic values of communities and individual men are unlimited and varied. One may value respect and the environment while another values trust and industry. But as long as these values do not disturb the rights of men, they shall be respected or at least tolerated.

IX.            The government’s power extends to four very basic things. The government will be one branch with the following responsibilities:

·         Establishing a currency and keeping up with finances

·         Regulating trade between other countries and communities

·         Keeping the peace between communities

·         Securing the borders

X.            Any government entity is a soulless beast that only seeks to expand power and infiltrate lives. If the people of Atlantis find that the government’s leash lengthening, they are free to change it as they see fit.

“I swear by my life, and my love of it, that I will not live for the sake of another man. Nor ask another man to live for mine.”