Prolugue: Setup

On a planet far far away, 15 NBA players from throughout the sport's history awaken. The location is oddly enough a basketball arena, enclosed in a dome. The dome is clear and the players can see the cosmos. But, even stranger in the stands are squid like alien humanoids watching them.

Michael Jordan and LeBron James stare at each other knowingly.

"They're either going to steal our powers," they say at the same time, "Or they're going to make us play 1 on 1."

"What is this sorcery," Wilt Chamberlain loudly exclaimed before being astounded by the other players, "And who are you people!?" Hes surprised by Durant pulling out a cell phone to tweet something.

"Im sure you're wondering what you are doing here," A Squid Alien wearing a crown, "We have gathered you here to play basketball in a 1 on 1 tournament. Just for entertainment, no big stakes except the destruction of your home planet if you disappoint us.. But it's 1st to 21 wins, and theres a bracket, no seeds but Jordan and LeBron due to being the greatest players, get to sit out the 1st round."

Jordan shrugs and LeBron nods, neither would have minded playing in the 1st round, but no use complaining.

"The matchups are," An Alien wearing a headset..." The screen shows the outlines as well as the names.

Anthony Davis vs. Kevin Garnett

AD chuckles and shakes his head a little anxious, but Garnett (Minnesota) laughs clappig like a madman with a sinister smile. 

"I'm going to enjoy this," Garnett laughed.

Shaquille O'Neal vs. Wilt Chamberlain

Shaquille smiles and is ready to match up against another member of the great center pantheon. Wilt looks confident.

Steph Curry-Magic Johnson

Curry shakes his head as he daps up a smiling Magic.

"Is this because I said I was the best point guard," Curry muses aloud.

Larry Bird-Jayson Tatum

Larry Bird smiles at the next big Celtic who just shrugs his shoulders.

Giannis Antetokounmpo-Kevin Durant

KD looks traumatized as Giannis bounces up and down excited

"I always wanted to take part in an intergalactic tournament," Giannis exclaimed.

"Not him again," Durant joked.

Dirk Nowitzki-Luka Doncic

Dirk and Luka smile at each other as they high 5.

"The tournament begins now: KD and Giannis will enter the tournament grounds to begin.