𝟏𝟏. LUNATIC

𝐒𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐓𝐇 𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋

𝐒𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐓𝐇 𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋

𝑒𝑙𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛 . 𝐥𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐜

The alpha growled in my face, his lips curling up into a snarl. The heat from his breath prickled my skin. His devil eyes telling me that this was it, they were screaming with murder. A scream escaped my lungs as he lunged for my neck and—

"In other news, Beacon Hills High School reopens after being closed Thursday and Friday. Police search continues for alleged killer Derek Hale. So far their searches have been futile since —" The palm of my hand slammed down on my alarm clock to shut it off. This was the second morning in a row I woke up to that same nightmare. They'd usually be paired with more—various nightmares of Derek dying. It was finally Monday again, and this was the first weekend of my life I was praying to end. I had spent my entire weekend to myself, locked away in my room, minus last night when Stiles took us to get drunk. Did I mention how bad of an idea that was? Stiles was going to have the worst hangover this morning. Not like I cared, he deserved it for taking us out there. A few thoughts crossed my mind before I got out of bed—things like remembering tonight was the full moon and how much I didn't want to be around people. Those thoughts were pushed back while I got ready for school. After I finished doing my makeup, which made me look like a brand new, happy, person might I add, I threw on a plain navy dress, a braided belt, and a pair of wedges. Usually dressing up after a weekend of feeling like nothing helped me pick my spirits up. But, I guess this time was different. Sure, the outfit looked good on me but I wasn't in the mood to dress cute. When I was about to go change into a pair of pants and an oversized jacket, I was stopped by the time. Stiles was going to pick me up in a few minutes. I grabbed my school bag and rushed downstairs when my phone buzzed in my hand.

Something's going on at school, cops are here, won't be able to drive you.

Way to tell me twenty minutes ago, Stiles. He was still hung-over from last night's events, I could guarantee it. Rushing into the kitchen, I found my mom rummaging through the fridge.

"Morning sweetie." She rubbed the sleep out of her eyes.

"Any chance I could take the car today? Stiles cancelled on me last minute." She pondered the thought for a moment.

"Just be back by five, your father and I are going out tonight."

"I suppose you'll be back late?" She nodded her head. I concealed the sigh hoping to escape my mouth, "alright, thanks. I'll see you later."

"Katherine are you sure you're up for going to school today? If you want to miss today I'll understand." My mother was never understanding of me skipping school because I just didn't feel like it. As much as I wanted to stay home and crawl into a ball, sleeping the day away, I had to get out and face reality at some point this week.