𝟏𝟑. ON THE RUN

𝐒𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐓𝐇 𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋

𝐒𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐓𝐇 𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋

𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛 . 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐮𝐧

Bzzz. Bzzz.

I opened my eyes and looked around the dark bedroom in confusion. What was going on? I was lying on top of the covers, an open Chemistry book by my side. The room was fairly chilly and my skin was dotted with small Goosebumps from the fact I was only wearing a pair of grey sweats and a black tank top. I could still feel the make up clinging onto my skin.

Bzzz.

A white and blue light flickered from my phone. The time on the lit up screen read 11:56 PM. I'd only been asleep for two hours or so, my parents must have come into shut the light off because the last thing I remembered was dreadfully studying for an upcoming Chem test. A text message from Derek lit up my vibrating phone. As I grabbed the phone off the night table, a black rectangle caught my eye. I took that into my hand too, it was a pair of keys. But these weren't mine, or my parents. I turned them over to see a Chevrolet insignia. I held the phone up, squinting at the bright light.

I need a favor.

My thumbs fiddled with the keyboard as I typed a reply.

Does it happen to involve your car?

As I waited for the next text, I could feel my eyes close. It was hard fighting the tired feeling.

Go drive around my car. Don't be seen.

How did he even get in my house? To answer my question, a light wind blew into my room. My window was open. That's why it was so cold in here.

And why exactly am I doing this? Where are you?

Almost immediately, Derek had replied.

Errands. I'll explain later, cars outside.

It was typical of Derek to handle his 'errands' at the deadest hours of the night.

Please don't do something stupid and get arrested.

That was the last text I sent to him. I sent a quick text to Scott and Stiles, knowing they'd be up, and I told them how I was coming to pick them up, and I'd explain later. I pulled on a pair of black button up Uggs and grabbed my phone and the keys walking silently into the hallway. Even being upstairs, I could hear the low sound of my fathers snoring. God how did mom deal with that every night? I silently and stealthily snuck down the stairs and out the front door without one peep or floor creek. Just like Derek said, there it was: his car was sitting at the end of the driveway.