𝟏𝟖. PREPARATIONS

𝐒𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐓𝐇 𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋

𝐒𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐓𝐇 𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋

𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛 . 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

I had barely left Scott and Stiles sights in two days. Two long, never ending, days. They were with me from the time I woke up in the morning, till the time I went to bed at night. They walked me everywhere, they were my own personal body guards. Truth be told, I was stick of seeing their faces. In the mornings, Stiles was the one who woke me up and Scott would scout outside and stalk the perimeters of the house making sure Peter wasn't nearby. After Dr. Deaton learned about my part in Peter's game plan, he had taken matters into his own hands. He surrounded my house with something to repel supernatural creatures, at least, that's what he said it did. When Scott tried getting through, it was like there was an invisible barrier stopping him. Deaton did all of this without telling us the name of this substance was. God knows that annoyed the hell out of Scott. He wanted to know what his weakness was. He needed a name.

As I walked through the dark, empty hallways of the school, I looked to the already graded Chemistry test I held in my hand. A C-. Finding out I was #1 on Peter's hit list and trying to protect myself took up all my attention; there was no time for studying. I had just finished taking this test no more than twenty minutes ago. Harris was staying late for the Lacrosse game that had just started and since he had a meeting till late this afternoon, I was scheduled to take this test late. It was one I had missed the day Derek broke up with me; I had stayed home those two days of school since I was an emotional wreck. I crumpled the paper up and threw it into the garbage bin I was passing on the way to the Lacrosse field. It was almost a relief to be by myself for the first time in public. Scott and Stiles were obligated to be on the field right now, but they tried their hardest to come and stake out outside the Chem Lab. That worked out until an angry Coach Finstock found the two sitting there while they had to be on the field. Sure, I was a little freaked out being alone for the first time in days. As I had walked fairly quickly down the hallways, I passed a bald, elder teacher who gave me a mistrustful smile.

"Evenin' Miss Katherine." He nodded his head and looked back to his clipboard. I gave him a light smile and continued on walking. He had given me that same smile earlier today when I passed him before and during school. I swore, in all my years here, I'd never seen him in this school before. So if I never saw him in school, how'd he know my name? As I pushed open the doors, I could see the field not to far off. Would it kill someone to put a light outside? I was basically walking in complete darkness if it wasn't for the lights on the field. As I continued walking, I could hear a set of footsteps off besides the clicking of my heels. Before I could react, a cold hand gripped my shoulder and the other pressed over my mouth. Immediately, my heart sped up and as pure reaction I screamed out in surprise. To my dismay, my scream was nothing more than a muffle. There was no way anyone on the field could hear me over the loud cheers coming from the stands. The hand that had a grip on my shoulder spun me around. Blue eyes stared down on me and the hand clamped over my mouth fell to the boy's side.