Who are we?

My whole life I have been one of those kids that were bullied. I tell myself everyday, "Kee, no matter who bullies you or who taunts you, ALWAYS keep your head up!" That same quote got me through kindergarten, elementary and even now junior high! As the past scenes repeat through my head I find it sometimes sad. Not for me, but for the people who bullied me. There reason wasn't for the fun, or because I was the only black girl at my school, it was because I had those certain people in my life and my quotes that made look strong! This could the most stupidest story you may ever read, but inside you know somewhere along your life, you have also been a victim!

Life isn't about expressing one another, it's really about making a difference. Sometimes using what your good at can help another. For example, my dearest friend Shelby is also a little writer and through my darkest days, she would bring out her light and let it shine! Her words were like music, her voice filled my heart with love, and her being there was like the sun out on a sunny day. That's why this story is dedicated to her, for what she has done for me!

I was never one to enjoy the history talk on slavery. In school, the word negro was played through my mind as we learned of the African slave trades. One movie, that made me feel proud to be who I am, was the story of Mr. Bernie, a football player who was awarded the highs-man trophy award. He was the first African American to be awarded that, and he made a difference in everyone's lives! He stood proud, he may have been beaten, but he never let that affect him. When I think of who and what Americans are I see good and evil. Many African Americans died, from the beating of whites, "what did they ever do to the whites?" And if you had to answer that question, you wouldn't have ONE reasonable answer!

People chase dreams and run from fears, but I live as a dream,, as a special person, to be born in this world and not have to deal with the white side and the black side. I cry as I imagine what sick white people there and how they could have beaten many people!

"My body may have been killed, but my soul was set free!" Quoted by Toms Cabin! You will never feel loved, when you don't have the heart to love and you will never feel freed when someone is beating you! This world is full of kind, and wonderful, but it's the few that make the world cruel!

By: Kee Thomas, 14 year old African American