𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚘𝚛𝚜 - 𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚃𝚠𝚘

"Oh God!"

Brad was practically shaking from head to toe as the operator strapped him to a belt and fixed his helmet, checking all the contraptions.

"I'm not doing this! Please, no!"

"Stop being a scaredy cat, Brad." Darin mocked.

The operator led Brad to a plank, barely inches from falling. Jimmy was laughing his head off as he started recording a video. Darin was making silly faces, earning fair share of cuss words from Brad. We had decided to go bungee jumping, and then made reservations at a really nice restaurant which was almost an hour away from here. Darin had gone for the jump first, and he was really calm about it 'cause he said he'd done it before. Jimmy went after him, and let's just say he'll be embarrassed for life after the video we got of him. We pushed Brad next, and he's hanging onto dear life right now.

"Sir, hold the contraption tightly if you feel unsupported. We assure you that even if you let your hands go, you will be safe. The ride won't be long either, and you will be back before you know it. I'm going to push you now. Ok?"

Brad looked like he was about to puke. He slightly nodded and the operator looked relieved. We all gripped our phones tighter and then, we heard a muffled thud followed by screams and lots of curses.

"DAMN!"

A minute later, Brad was back up, gasping for air, as he bend over the plank and took deep breaths. The operator slowly took all the gear off and Brad came towards us, swaying.

"Are you alright?"
"Of course I am. I'm Brad for a reason. God, it was bad."

He elbowed Jimmy and was heading over to Darin when his face suddenly lit up, and a mischievous grin emerged as Jimmy and Darin began rubbing their hands and smirking.

"Fine, I'm going."
"It's not like you have a choice." Jimmy said.

I went to the plank, and a tight helmet secured my head. After an eternity later, all the loops and belts were in place, and I was standing near the edge, ready to be thrown over. I felt like I was a prisoner on a pirate ship, about to get thrown into the sea. Except this time, it's thin air.

"You ready, sir?"
"Yup. Just do it."
And then I was falling down, pressure building against me, as the air whipped against my face. I was shouting, scared to open my eyes, and then I felt a sharp tug as I slowed down, and I was pulled back. I felt dizzy as the helmet and belts were removed, but adrenaline rushed through me and I gave the guys a boyish grin. Jimmy patted me on the back and Darin began to poke me.

"Let's go, you people." I said.
"Shit! We're gonna be late for our reservation!" Darin bellowed.

With the help of the operator, we descended and were soon racing towards our appointment. The traffic was really bad, so we were stuck for a long time before Jimmy put some rock music on and sped up the car. An hour later, we were clambering into the restaurant. It was a two storied building, adorned with golden lights and potted plants at the entrance. Inside, the walls were painted with light, calming colours like golden brown. We checked in and got into our booth.  

"So. What do you wanna order?" I ask.

"Ooh. I'm gonna order steak. What about you?" Jimmy questions.

"Yeah, I'm getting Fettuccine Alfredo pasta." Brad replies.

"Umm... I'm gonna go with the pasta as well." Darin says, tossing the menu back onto the table.

"I'm going to go with the steak like Jimmy. Come on, let's order."
Soon enough, our order was taken and we were chatting casually. Brad had just said something funny and I was laughing heartily when a waiter came with the pasta. We all took some and began to munch.

"It's really good." I say, taking in the fresh flavours and tastes.

"Coming from you, that's one heck of a compliment." Jimmy says, smirking.
"Shut up."
"So...how's it going with Lily?"
"What do you mean?"
"These idiots told me you were going to Europe for your honeymoon."
"Yeah, we are. I didn't tell her about it, though."
"About going to Europe?"
"No. I told her we'd be going to a few specific places, and that's it. What she doesn't know is that we're taking a full-fledged tour. I decided to prepare an awesome surprise for her in each of the cities we go to."
"Wow. She's really lucky to have a guy like you."
"How's your wife now?"
"Much better. She's getting discharged soon, and then hopefully we'll be done with all this shit."
"Tell her thanks for letting you come like this. And I hope she gets better soon."

His reply is cut short when the steak lands in front of us, steaming hot with veggies and sauces oozing around, the meat tender and soft. I bite it away, enjoying every single mouthful. This restaurant really is good. I'll take Lily here sometime. And so, we pass away the evening, eating the delicious dishes and playing catch-up. Though even as they drop me off, I can't shake off the nagging feeling in my gut, making me nervous and excited about tomorrow. God. Tomorrow.

"Hey you. I'll call you tomorrow." Jimmy says, hugging me along with Darin and Brad, making me slightly suffocated.

"Brad, I'll drop off Josh with you tomorrow at the restaurant, alright?"
"Yeah, Theo's gonna go mad with happiness."
"You all wanna come inside?"
"Nah, we're getting late too." Darin says.

"I'll meet you tomorrow, then. And Brad, don't forget to bring Theo. I think I might need another meeting with my therapist."
"I'll never understand what this is." Brad says, shaking his head as he enters the car. Jimmy and Darin settle in too, and then I see them off. But as I turn around I see Lily standing in the doorway, smiling knowingly at me. And as we hug each other and enter the house, I know it's gonna be alright.

Tomorrow's gonna be alright.

We are going to be just alright.