✰✦✰ Chapter 29 ✰✦✰

✰✦✰ Chapter 29 ✰✦✰
Dress Up "

SINCE I DIDN'T want to deal with Darius, I went to Sarinne's room with Luna back on board, and the three of us got ready together. I'd bought a crimson dress that complimented me very well, according to Sarinne—I always listened to her when it came to fashion advice—and once I had it on, I felt horrible for not being able to stop staring at myself in the mirror. It slid onto me so smoothly and felt like cotton candy hugging my now tanned skin. It had a cut, just below my thigh that exposed my right leg. I finished up my hair, curling it weakly—pulling up two strands and tying them together neatly and elegantly on the back of my head—, and did my makeup: matching red lipstick and a cat eyeliner sharp enough to kill.

Once I was done, I waited for the other girls to finish.

Resting my head on my arms as I laid on Sarinne's bed, I thought of our mission. We had to retrieve these earrings, but I didn't even know what we were supposed to do with them afterwards? Did we have to take them someplace specific? Up until now we'd always had clues to follow but maybe The Shielder of Darkness wanted us to be smart this time around and solve it ourselves.

I did not like that.

The door to the bathroom opened and I refocused my thoughts. Concentrate. The second I did, I nearly toppled right off the bed. Sarinne and Luna were standing there, looking as stunning as ever. Luna wore a blue dress that looked as if it had been made for her, hair pinned into a perfectly messily done ponytail whilst Sarinne had dressed herself in a yellow one—one that actually gave me the feeling that she was the sun in human form, her hair curled and bouncy.

"Holy. . ." I trailed off.

They laughed, told me how equally arresting I looked and then we made our way to the docks. We waited for the boys another twelve minutes—I was definitely timing them—and finally, they emerged from the shadows, surprisingly enough not smelling like utter rubbish. They never did, I just didn't know how else to insult them. Although they did seem incredibly uncomfortable. At least, Darius and Miles did. They clearly weren't as used to wearing this sort of clothing like Jacks was.

"Hello," I grinned teasingly. "Don't you all look enthusiastic?"

Miles blinked at me, tone flat when he said, "You can fuck right off."

While I laughed at their faces, Darius looked up at me and caught my eye. Though his trailed down my body and he swallowed. He muttered something to Jacks under his breath and even Miles glanced over.

Finally, he eyed me again and said, "I forgot something, I'll be right back." He'd said it to me as if he needed me to know—and only me. Maybe that was Delusion talking.

So he left. And we waited another ten minutes until he returned, nothing new in his hands. Had he seriously forgotten whatever he was just about to get again? Just as I was about to ask him in annoyance, Jacks spoke,

"We ought to hurry. We don't want to be late for the party."