𝟓𝟑 || 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐘𝐨𝐮

"You need to explain what's going on. I'm confused'' my voice echoed through the hallways as soon as we left the room, locking my father inside. I walked next to Maddox, his hand holding mine, and next to him, Angelo walked calmly, his gaze fixed on the front.

Maddox and Angelo together, walking side by side is something I didn't believe I would live to see ever again. How long was I unconscious? What more have I missed?

We entered what I assume is the living room, Angelo closing the door after us, leaving only the three of us in the big space. Maddox is still holding my hand, caressing it with his fingers. Angelo removed the jacket from his body with a sigh before turning to look at us.

His eyes lingered on our intertwined hands briefly for seconds, before looking up to meet our faces. My cheeks turned red under his gaze. It's so weird. I was engaged to him not long ago, we shared some moments together and now I'm holding his brother's hand as if nothing happened. Maddox didn't seem fazed by that at all.

"Soo, does someone want to tell me what's going on here?" I looked between the two brothers searching for answers.

"We are in a temporary alliance. Me and Angelo" Maddox began unsure as if he was searching for the right words, his voice deep, following Angelo with his gaze as he leaned his body on the table in the middle of the room.

"Temporary?" Angelo raised his eyebrows with a sneer, resting his hands on the table behind him

"Don't push your luck, brother" Maddox cut him off in a warning voice and Angelo laughed, shaking his head in surrender.

"What happened in the building?" I asked, my question causing a deathly silence in the room. I needed answers. The last thing I remember is Maddox's face before he ordered his men to shoot.

Аngelo's face changed, and his smile dropped immediately as Maddox stared ahead his face changed as well, darkened even, but not with rage as usual but with sadness, which was not something typical for him.

"The war is over" Maddox said his gaze wandering around the room "We won"

A sight full of relief left my mouth. Thank God, it's over. I don't want more blood or death. Not when we can all live in peace.

'"But if my father is here" I began trailing my voice and shifting my gaze from Maddox to Angelo who was staring at each other now "Where are Lydia and Martin?"

"They're dead" Angelo replied almost immediately, turning his head to look at me, while his words slice through me in a deep, direct voice.

I shifted my gaze to Maddox, wanting to see some kind of reaction from him, but whatever he was feeling at the moment he was covering it very well behind an inscrutable mask.

Martin's death feels like a reward, victory even. I might sound like a bad person, standing with his sons in the same room, but I'm glad he's dead. He ruined everything he touched in his life, he deserves this destiny, but Lydia...I can't help myself but feel bad for her death even though she wanted to kill me herself.

I decided to stay silent, not to pick at their wounds. Despite their differences, they were still the same blood. Blood that turned against each other, leaving only pain and destruction after everything.

Maddox turned his face to look at me, his hand squeezing mine lightly before he spoke "I promised you that you would get revenge for Lara's death and I always keep my promises"