Midnight

To some it was late, to us it was the beginning of the night. We were walking out of work to our respective vehicles. Halfway into the parking lot, I stopped to tell my friend bye. "Well, I guess I'll see you later then." I shrugged my shoulders not knowing what else to say. "Yea, um about that, I was kind of wondering if you wanted to hang out for a little bit." I stood there kind of shocked. He wanted to hang out with me. Justin actually wanted to spend time with me outside of work. "Um, what do you mean?" I answered back quickly as possible so he wouldn't think something was up. "I figured we could hang out in your car or mine if you prefer." Oh, that's what he meant. "Uh yeah, sure. We could hang out in your car." I answered, afraid to have him in my car. He smiled and gave a nod of his head. "Ok, well I got here late so I had to park in the back." Justin pointed to the back of the right side of the parking lot. I gave a nod before speaking. "That's fine. Sometimes I have to park in a different spot if I get here late." Instead of answering he just smiled. A beautiful gorgeous smile. Gah, stop that Lily. He doesn't see you that way; he just sees you as a friend. Nothing more and that's all we'll ever be. Friends. Friends til the end.

Justin began to walk in the direction of his car and I followed. The walk was quiet. A little too quiet. For comfort reasons at least. So I try to strike up another conversation between us. The key word being 'try'. "Um, what color is your car?" His head turns, meaning I've got his attention so to speak. "Silver." He answers. That's the last color I expected him to say. I figured he would say something like red, black, dark blue, or even white. "Silver?" I asked as if it were a question. "Yeah, I got to pick out the color." Justin had a big grin on his face as he said this. "Show off." I muttered under my breath. "What'd you say?" Justin asked, quick to catch on that I uttered a word. Damn it. "Huh, oh uh, nothing." He tilts his head to the side. "Ok, whatever you say." Once he turned his head back around, I immediately face palmed. Any other time he can't hear me. I guess since it's really loud inside, he's able to hear me better outside. I sigh and shake my head.

After that, the rest of the time just stayed quiet. We walked at a slow consistent pace. I walked next to him following his lead, pretending I had an idea of where he parked his car. Man, why did he have to park so far out? How far behind was he tonight? Ugh! My feet are going to hate me later.

Eventually, we stopped in front of a silver looking car. "This is my car." He smirks, pulling out his keys. Justin unlocks the driver's side as I walk over to the other side of the car. I hear the click of my door unlock. I open the door and we both climb in about the same time. Both doors close with ease.

I looked around his car a little bit. It was messy, but it was the natural kind of messy. I couldn't really judge him for the interior of his car when I knew mine wasn't the cleanest at the moment. Despite the mess, his car was really nice inside. The seats were grey, really soft and comfortable. Kind of like.. Lily, stop that! I scolded myself.

The radio console was a sleek black color. Wonder what station he leaves it on. Well, I'm sure I'll find out when he turns the radio on. If he does at all. I reposition my feet and at the same time trying not to make too much noise with the two or three bags he had left lying in the floor. "Hey." Justin started. I felt chills go down my spine from the sound of his voice echoing in my ears. "Huh, oh, yeah what's up?" I asked coming back to reality. I hear him chuckle slightly. He was trying to hide it, but somehow I still heard it. I rolled my eyes and shrugged it off. "What you want to do?" He asks grabbing his phone from the little space in his car. I hesitate before answering. "We could listen to music if you want." I quickly suggested, not wanting to say 'I don't know'. Justin smiled at this. "Ok, what you want to listen to?" Another question arises. I feel like he has more questions than I have answers. "I don't know, you can just pick something if you want." I answer, not having anything in particular I want to listen to. "Ok, I've got something for you to listen to then." Justin nods with a slight smirk taking over his lips. His sweet, sweet pink, warm, tender- Ok, never mind then. Too many thoughts right now. "Ok, what is it?" He moves his phone into my line of sight. "Just listen." is his only reply. I listened and stayed quiet like he wanted.