Where Mystery Begins!

10 o clock at night a man is sited on a kitchen table finishing his meal, after eating a desert and a pastry, he decided to go on a night walk.
Sam: ah! man I'm just full, let's take a walk.

Every night Sam after having dinner goes for night walk, And when he returns takes a glass of milk and sleeps but this night not was the same as always.
Sam in front of his Apartment 'The Poetry',
Sam: ohh! This is so freezing, next time I will take my jacket also.

Sam was always going straight on the main road and returns after few meters but there was a small street which he ignores mostly and suddenly a dog appears and started barking.
For being safe he decided to take a short cut for being safe, so he takes a route of that street which was so dark that merely a person can be seen from the few hands distance,
Sam: oh man! This dog.
Sam: not every day he's been here.
Sam: whatever,I hope this street will be fine atleast I will not get bitten by him.
Sam: this street looks so horrific maybe there will be a way.

He walks only few meters but he feels somebody is walking with him and when he look back nobody was there.
Sam: Hey! somebody is with me?

After a few minutes he was stopped by a tri-way road and he get confused which road will be better to take.
Sam: Ah! Man this is totally a confusion tri-way road.

He was looking three roads one was normal but silent nobody was there, second's lights was not working properly which being on-off many times and third one was so dark even a fly merely seen.
He is totally confused when he find himself on a center of four roads and he can't decide where to go but next moment the previous dog which was barking at him comes from nowhere in the 1st street and still he barking at him and slowing coming towards him.
Sam: ah! Man, he's again, but from where?
Sam: oh! I think which I was feeling earlier, he's the one behind it.

But suddenly he goes fast and started running at Sam, for save himself he without thinking goes in 3rd gully and after running few meters he looks back and sees, dog is not behind him but he still at the gully's entrance.
Sam: oh, thank god he's not chasing me but he at the entrance I have to go by this way.

After looking back at the dog he started go further to find a route which go towards his home.
He's thinking while walking and his breath is fast after running from dog.
Sam: really, at night these street are really seems haunted and confusing who knows what kind of ghost come from the corners.

Sam walks few meter but found nothing and he started thinking again but suddenly he sees something at the light pole which must be not working.
Sam: I think I'm in a wrong way.

While thinking he is looking around him and he saw something strange at the light pole
Sam: what's that?
Sam: a man ?

He saw a shade like man, so decide to ask him about the route but again he saw the shade looks like man just disappear.
Sam: somebody! let's ask the route.
Sam: hey! Where it go?
Sam: I think it's just my imagination probably who's idiot like me wondering at street at mid night.

After he goes further but whole street was so dark and even a man's face probably able to seen at a distance of a meter,
Sam: in that dark night I may be able to find a way to the home, I will curse that Dog but it was my mistake I came so far.

And again he sees a figure like a man at advertisement banner of a closed shop but this time he saw a Man with a Long hat and wore a coat.
Sam: hey! Man this time it just not was my imagination.
Sam: hey!!!

He try to go nearby him but when he reached the spot the figure was gone.
Sam: Ah! Man this time I saw someone with a Hat or I hallucinating things .

He was still walking after few minutes, he reached at duo path in which one was barricaded and road construction notice was hanged on it so he goes on the other path.
Sam: whatever I have to go this way.

Sam changed the route to his right side street, after walk of few minutes he saw lights at the end of the street
and when he reaches there realizes that's the main road which he was trying to find.
He was just going home but, there was an object on the road and something attached to it.
Sam: let's go home, Ah! What's that a Briefcase?
Sam: what a nonsence, A Idiot forgot he's belongings here.

Sam was very tired from getting lost in the dark street he doesn't think much and went home which was nearby from the main road.
After reaching home he unlocks the door, off the shoes, again locks the door and goes straight to his bed and lies on it but there was something on the bed which he just dropped onto the floor and sleeps immediately.
Sam: Zzzzz

At Morning,
He wakes up and sees he's wearing the same clothes T-shirt and pajamas, he standing up and going for bathroom but something came in his path and he being threw-up at the bathroom door and he got a head bump and sees behind him that was a Briefcase.
Sam: what is that?
Sam: A box?
Sam: oh! It's the same Briefcase, That I found last night on the road.
Sam: but why is it here?
Sam: Did the person I was just hallucinating, really was a person.
Sam: maybe! But I need to check, how did he came here.

Some time later Sam remembers there was an Note attached to it, so he checks and found it.
The text written on it was,
Hey! Sam, We glad to know that you're going to be a Thief, not real one. You shall know in some time soon but for now that item belongs to you.
Congratulations Our new Thief.

After reading it,
Sam: what! Nonsence it is and what about what they trying to say?

He was thinking but suddenly he saw another note on the door of his bathroom, after that he calls the apartment guard Nick aka Nitin Das.
Sam: Hii! Nick.
Apartment Guard Nick: Hello Sam Bro.
Sam: yesterday night somebody arrived for me or you saw someone coming?
Nick: hey! Sam Bro, hmm, no Bro I didn't saw anybody who came yesterday night for you.
Sam: really!
Nick: oh! But at noon when you was outside a Package arrived and delivery man told that this is very important so give you directly so...
Sam: ok, but why you didn't tell me when I returned.
Nick: because after that I was on Lunch and I forget.
Sam: Hmm nice, Ok but come here with the Package to my Apartment. (cuts the phone call)

He was looking at the Note which was on the bathroom door.
Sam: Good luck, Sam new journey ahead.(reading the note)
Sam - who placed it on my bathroom door? But how he entered the apartment?
Sam - it's 3rd floor and there is only key which I always keep in my pocket.
Sam - who came when I was outside.

He still looking at that mysterious Briefcase and both Notes was on a above it.
Chapter ends

Massage from Author,
Thank you for reading first chapter of the my Novel "Man with a Hat". comment me for new Chapters if you want I will publish more. For information this Novel's protagonist is Sam who is a bachelor, lives in an apartment alone and do some freelancing for living but his life changed after a night when he found a mysterious Briefcase and a Note at the road which comes from nowhere but it was welcoming him to the unknown.
As you know this story following the category of mystery, thriller, Action and suspense, hope you will enjoy my story.