The Runaway Princess

The Bounty and The Hunter

Chapter 1: The runaway "Princess"

Another day means another day locked away. I mean I get why Father keeps me in my room... But I want to see the outside! From the Illegal history books, I have hidden in my room, the outside world seems lovely! Since I was little, Mother always told me to keep them secret from everyone including father, she claimed she would get into a lot of trouble if he or anyone else found them. I wouldn't do anything to get my mother in trouble. As I grew older, I noticed the bruises, the weary eyes mother would look at me with, the teary goodbyes and the happy reunions. Father isn't the best for her... He isn't the best for anyone really.

After the many wars and the dark nuclear war, nearly destroying all The Americas and the rest of the world, the entire legal system collapsed, many people died, most of the people who died happened to be women. With the shortage of girls in the world, everything dissolved into chaos. Men would sell the women they could find, keep the ones they liked for horrible reasons. Around the world, there wasn't a strong legal system, except in Canada, they became a strong Queen ruled kingdom, with towering walls and patrol guards around their entire border. The Canadian Queen lets refugees in and gives them a warm, safe, generally a good place to stay. Russia fell into pieces.. something came from the ice deep within the earth... Their is a country named Rossiya, we don't know much so father is desperate to become allies.

The rest of the world is just chaos, with tyrants popping up every now and then to take control, "Lead us to a better future!" At least that's what they claim. Most tyrants fail, some succeed, for a short while until they're assassinated. That's true for all, except one, he rose above all, not caring who he betrayed or hurt, slowly he took control over half the forgotten lands of The America's. That man is my father. My father will do anything to stay in power, that includes marrying me off. What he doesn't know is, men disgust me, at least the thought of dating them, and that includes marrying them. My father, Lord Serpen, which in Latin translates to snake, created a guard of Bounty hunters. His bounty squad is only women. Women who have special abilities in tracking, finding, fighting, ect. He kept them instead of selling them.

Lord Serpen keeps me in a room with two guards watching the door. I have a servant named Jayden. He's gay and hates this shit hole government. We have bonded over the years, practically growing up together. When we were younger on my twelfth birthday, we shared a kiss. That's how we learned we were gay, he prefers men, I prefer women. Jayden says it's called lesbian, he knows because his mother had a lesbian friend who ran off to Canada. I'm happy for her. Tomorrow I'm supposed to meet Prince Malum, the man I'm supposed to marry and the next day I'm being shipped off to his kingdom. Kingdom of Rossiya, God I don't want to meet him. I won't marry him. Jayden will help me escape tomorrow night after meeting Prince Malum.

Jayden is the only true friend I have, I tried convincing him to run with me, but he disagreed claiming someone had to cover for me. I will miss him dearly and I won't forget him, he gave me a map so I could get to Canada, I can't wait. I'm supposed to be getting ready for the day right now, but who am I kidding, I'm not seeing anyone today, so why would I get ready? I sighed sitting up, running a hand through my knotted black hair. Maybe I can brush it? The door slammed open and in came a very distressed Jayden.

"Get up, get up!" Jayden said, urgency in his voice. He opened the blinds and turned to me. I looked at him in confusion.

"Why Jay? What's happening?" I asked, still confused, I furrowed my eyebrows looking at him, still sitting in bed. He sighed, walking over to me, grabbing my arm and pulled me out of bed, fussing over my hair.

"Prince Malum is here! Now! Your father is requesting your presence in the Throne room! So, you fix your hair while I go get your dress!" Jayden said, running to my closet and sifting through the many dresses in there. Why is Malum here? He is supposed to come tomorrow, not today! I started brushing through my hair, it went to my elbow, Gosh I need to cut it. Jayden walked over and helped me into my dress, he took over my hair as I did light silver eyeshadow and pink gloss. Jayden had picked out a flowy green dress that had a long slit on the right side.