𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞 ᅳ 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧

ᅳ 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧 ❆☃       

As expected, the cold spread in his body, especially the light but icy wind blowing into his face made his skin feel numb

As expected, the cold spread in his body, especially the light but icy wind blowing into his face made his skin feel numb. Everything was snowed in, so much so that people had problems getting through the streets in their cars. A typical Tacoma winter and nothing new for Happy or anyone who has lived here for ages.

The hoodie under his kutte didn't do much to ward off the cold, but it didn't bother him either. In contrast to the warmth in California, this was a nice change. He was just hoping to find the right bakery where he should pick up a cake Lee ordered for his wife.

His muscles only tensed more as he turned a corner. Too many memories were attached to the small neighborhood here, where one stand after another was set up every year for decades. The Christmas market was an integral part of Happy's memories, which he had collected here with his ex, all of which suddenly came back to the forefront of his mind.

His eyes studied one of the Christmas stands closely, the one where he and Hallie had first met. Christmas music also filled his ears, which didn't really improve his mood. Grunting, he pushed his hands deeper into his hoodie pockets, too stubborn to admit how much the break up still bothered him.

To escape his emerging memories, he fled further down the street until he finally found himself in front of the bakery that Lee had mentioned.

The words Cake 'N' Bake were written in cursive above the shop door, which was covered by a canopy. Like the rest of the place, everything here was already decorated for Christmas. Another thing that reminded him of Hallie, who was probably the biggest Christmas fan he had ever met.

The bell above the shop door rang as he entered the bakery, then he took a quick look around. It was quiet, there were no other customers here at the moment, but the bakery had only just opened, at least according to the sign hanging in the window of the white-painted wooden door.

Just as he was about to press the bell that was on the counter, someone came from the back. The smile that was on the young woman's flawless face disappeared in a matter of seconds and Happy's facial features also fell apart when his dark eyes met her piercing blue ones.

None other than Hallie O'Connell stood speechless behind the counter with a tray of fresh chocolate chip cookies in her hands. Her mouth opened a few times, but no sound left her red lipstick-covered lips.

“You gotta be shitting me”, he cursed under his breath and quickly rubbed his face, letting out a small groan.

“What was that?” Hallie's voice was sharp and gentle at the same time. The thing was, his ex couldn't sound rude, even when she was angry. Her voice was far too calm and gentle for that.

“Nothing”, Happy grumbled, walking up to the counter before taking out his wallet. “I'm supposed to pick up a cake for Lee. How much do you get?”