Chapter 1

29 March 2011,
Tuesday,
10:15pm

"Finally" cried Farhan.''Finally India won the match''said Farhan. As we all know there is a big craze in India about cricket and people worship cricket.l am also very big fan of cricket.

Farhan said" Cudos! To Virat Kohli , how he takes catch and by him India beats Pakistan in the semi-finale of World Cup 2011." after taking breathe for a while he continues speaking "This year India will won the world cup".

I think Farhan is the biggest fan of cricket and also he plays cricket very good. He wanted to be a cricketer but his father wants him that he should became a marine engineer from a good engineering institute.

Farhan is my best friend. We always share our secrets and problems with each other.
Oh! Just a minute let me introduce myself.

My name is Veer Choudhary &
my best friends name is Farhan Saeed.

I was at Farhan's house. I was seated beside Farhan and watching tv. Behind tv there are some small cracks on the wall because the wall wasn't painted from two years. Some cracks are hidden with the posters of cars and bikes. His room seems to be that he had never cleaned his room.

Packets of chips are thrown on the floor. On the floor there are some old magazines and some small bits of papers.

Dirty socks are lying on the bed. The bad was attached to the wall. On that wall there is a poster of Sonakshi Sinha in the movie dabangg.

As we were watching tv then there comes a voice of cough. It was Farhan's father. He was wearing a white kurta and pajama, spectacle is on his nose.

He had crossed his arms and stands taking support to the wall.
His face was red with anger.

"Farhan"he cried in very high tone "you are wasting time on this dumb box. Have you forget that your board exams hadn't end and you are watching T.V.? Your last exam is on Thursday. " Now he turns to me "And you Veer, you are the good student na instead of studying you are also watching tv."

During the lecture we glares at our foot. Whenever these type of moment came we lay our head down and start counting the no. of tiles on the floor.

After the lecture he moves from the room. When he went out of the room, we take a long breathe.
'Hash' Farhan in the tone of relaxation. "Farhan your father really cares about you. "I said "We hasn't miss any match during the world cup and about studies we have studied like a small kid. We are not taking board exams seriously .Thats why uncle had scolds us."

"Ok! Ok! Now you don't start ok."Farhan say after frustrated by his dad's lecture."Last exam is of which subject's ?" He asked to me.

I say "Physics!".

"Oh! man I had not prepared for it" Farhan said worryingly.

"I had prepared notes on the chapters coming in the board exams for you!" I said in order to make him relax.
He replied "Oh! Thanks dude! Really you are my best friend."

I see the watch and say "Its too late I have to go! Bye dude!
"Bye!" he replied.

I moves out of his room and went towards the stairs. I move down. There, his father was sitting at the chair taking newspaper on his hand.

"Bye! Uncle." I said.

"Bye! Veer" he replied.

When I was moving out of the house I listened that his father is saying about me "Nice! boy" to the Farhan's mother.

I opened the gate and moves towards my bicycle. There are many thoughts coming in my mind.I thought that What should my mom will say? Guarantee Shivani will scold me. Its too late I am gone.