𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨 ᅳ 𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

ᅳ 𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 ❆☃             

Hallie was in a hurry. As soon as she closed her bakery after closing time, she made the fastest way home, where her sister was probably already waiting. Today was the weekly movie night that Serena and Hallie had started as kids and never stopped, even when both women left home and built their own lives. Once a week they came together to watch a movie.

Hallie had to wait impatiently at a few traffic lights, of which there weren't many. Every now and then she walked more slowly so she wouldn't slip and fall. Maybe she should wear more practical shoes when everything is snowed in and partly slippery. But the younger O'Connell had a weakness for winter boots with heels.

"Stupid mud", she muttered under her breath. As much as she loved Christmas, snow and everything to do with it; she could live without the mud every year.

She sighed with relief when she finally arrived at her red pick-up truck. She gently kicked the tips of her black Overknee leather boots, which were now also covered in snow and mud, on the curb before getting into the car, throwing her bag and a box of cookies on the passenger side before she drove home.

As expected, Serena was already waiting at the front door, which is why Hallie drove up the driveway even faster and parked her car. Serena's house was only two minutes away. Between Serena's and her house, the family hotel had it's place. So even though they all had their own lives now, they still kind of lived togetherᅳ at least next to each other.

"You have a key. Why are you waiting in the cold?" Hallie shouted as she got out of the car, balancing her bag and the box of cookies on one arm while shutting the door of her pick-up.

"You know I love the cold." It was so cold that you could see Serena's breath as she spoke. Hallie felt even colder at the sight of her sister wearing only a thin coat without gloves and scarf.

"I've never understood that. I would freeze my ass off if I were dressed like you", she stated matter of factly, a grin plastered on her face.

"Oh, you'd get used to it." Serena gently bumped her shoulder against her sister's when she was close enough and finally unlocked the door since Hallie had her hands full anyway. "How was your day? Had a lot of customers?"

Hallie hadn't owned the bakery for long, but so far she had already gained a group of regular customers. Okay, Hallie's Bakery was the only one in the neighborhood they lived in, but that didn't mean that was the only reason people came. Serena was still convinced of Hallie's talent when it came to baking cookies and breadᅳ no one was better at that than Hallie. At least not here.

"The day wasᅳ", Hallie paused, the grin on her face fading. "My day was special, let’s put it that way."

Curious, the elder O'Connell raised an eyebrow as she slipped off her flat boots. "Special? Wanna explain?"